58/71
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No Man's Sky

What is No Man’s Sky? No Man’s Sky is a First-Person Open World Sci-Fi Adventure Survival game and the biggest one so far. With an ever expanding universe the game is the biggest game in history. Hello Games made one of the biggest breakthroughs in the gaming industry, they made it so that where ever you go you only load a certain amount of the space around you at once unlike other games where the PC have to load an area and keep it open at all time. When other game companies get their hands on these codes they will be able to work with games in a totally different way and maybe make their games just as big as No Man’s Sky.
    Hello Games made No Man’s Sky in a certain mathematical way in which enable the game system to generate new plants and animals and even planets, so nothing will look the same. The plants and animals might look familiar but they will never look the same and that made me insanely exited!

The game literally have, over 18 quintillion planets and suns which will make it impossible to for a single person to explore the whole universe in a lifetime. Every single planet will actually take you days or even months to walk around in real time. Planet sized planets and a universe sized universe makes it just as mind blowing as our own universe in my own opinion.

Originally Posted by Reddit User
    As per the developers, the game idea necessitated the technology. They had this idea which they called Project Skyscraper back in 2012(I believe). The small team wanted to make a game that felt like the sci-fi of their childhoods. Books like; The Foundation series, Dune, and Hyperion. To pull this off, the team used procedural generation to create an entire universe inspired by the genre. Everything from the dirt, grass, trees and water, to the ships, the animals (and their sounds/behavior), and even the soundtrack is procedurally generated. If you don't know what procedural generation is, imagine Skyrim where you get to make your character in the beginning. All of the sliders to make your characters face and hair? No Man's Sky has a similar idea behind every feature, and the computer generates the outcome semi-randomly. But the sliders in NMS are math functions (or maths if you're from UK) and therefore able to generate much more unique combinations without becoming too repetitive (presumably). There are rules to this generation. A planet closer to a sun will likely be a desert planet, void of life. A planet too far from a sun, and it may be icy. The plants and animals on these planets are placed by the rules, too.

Yes, this is a game. There is gameplay. Many people are misinformed and think you just walk around passively and look at pretty things. That does sound very boring, and it could not be further from the truth. There will be times that are slower for you though. It's important you understand the game isn't "action, action, action!" like many AAA titles that we see. But there are things to do on your journey to the center... or wherever. You don't have to go to the center of the galaxy, but whether you want to or not, here's some things you do while surviving: Collecting resources, combining elements & crafting, upgrading your multitool, ship, and suit, trading with NPC's, bounty hunting, documenting everything you discover in an in-game encyclopedia, learning new languages, piecing together the lore of the universe, jumping through portals to unknown worlds leaving your ship behind, dogs fights in space, creating allies you can call to fight along with you, mining asteroids, jumping into hyperspace, rescuing defenseless convoys (or helping attack them), finding blue prints to new technologies, naming planets and animals, and honestly who knows what else? The developers said they are leaving many aspects for us to discover on our own. Your actions also follow you. When you attacked that trade route with a convoy of ships because you wanted their loot, guess what? You've made their wanted list and they might be hunting you in the future. So when people say "you can do anything", that's not true. What they mean is, you can play the game in a wide variety of styles. Be a pirate, bounty hunger, botanist, trader, explorer... or more? But when you hear 'you can do anything', think instead... there's no menu to choose what role you'll play. You just... go do it.

What will you do in No Man’s Sky?
    There is a bunch of videos that covers this topic.
    Playstation Access made a few videos about what to do in No Man's Sky
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZRAvh8TeVQ
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGXDCV9HiZ4

And IGN had an interview with founder and developer Sean Murry about the development of the game.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueBCC1PCf84

The Multiplayer part of the game:
    No Man’s Sky sounds like it'd be a fun multiplayer or co-op game and I agree however that is not what this game is about. We share the universe, we share it online, but it's not multiplayer. The galaxy is so huge, the chance of running into another player is insanely small. Players may pop in and out of your adventure but even if that happened, you may never know it's another player. The developers stated that they may include some kind of traditional multi-player in the future, but of course let's not count on that for now it’s mostly a single player game.

The Multiplayer part of the game:
    No Man’s Sky sounds like it'd be a fun multiplayer or co-op game and I agree however that is not what this game is about. We share the universe, we share it online, but it's not multiplayer. The galaxy is so huge, the chance of running into another player is insanely small. Players may pop in and out of your adventure but even if that happened, you may never know it's another player. The developers stated that they may include some kind of traditional multi-player in the future, but of course let's not count on that for now it’s mostly a single player game.

I think that covered about the most of it. There is so much knowledge to be discovered about No Man’s Sky and so many questions unanswered but as annoying as it is exiting, the fans just seem to be more and more hyped for the release of No Man’s Sky.

So what do you think will be added to the game? And do you think people from the Ownedcore or other places will make hacks or exploids for No Man’s Sky? Let me know what you think!

I wish all you humans a great day.

No Man's Sky
  2. Thanks Smitten, Parog, visitor (3 members gave Thanks to Mcskeen for this useful post)
    arenawarrior's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    41/24
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel like I've read this exact post somewhere else.... Hrm..
    site/source or did you write this ?

Mcskeen's Avatar Kinda Crazy
    Thanks G/R
    58/71
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wrote everything but the part with the Reddit user

5. Thanks arenawarrior, visitor (2 members gave Thanks to Mcskeen for this useful post)
    arenawarrior's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    41/24
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you then! Giving you thanks and rep!

evo197877's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can not wait for this game to come out

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk

Aeon1c's Avatar Active Member High Warlord CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    0/30
    Trade Feedback
    5 (80%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great Post. I'm already planning to purchase it.

9. Thanks evo197877 (1 members gave Thanks to Aeon1c for this useful post)
    evo197877's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought mine a month ago

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk

RussellX3's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only 2 weeks left for release

jaczar's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    144/84
    Trade Feedback
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Speaking of the devil I got these in today.

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

Phil2003's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Need an auto pilot for this game haha

Macaulay Culkin's Avatar Member