Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

APB is officially shutting down tomorrow (9/17/2010)

APB has been a fantastic journey, but unfortunately that journey has come to a premature end. Today we are sad to announce that despite everyone's best efforts to keep the service running; APB is coming to a close. It's been a pleasure working on APB and with all its players. Together we were building an absolutely amazing game, and for that, we thank you. You guys are awesome!
    From all of the Realtime World staff we thank you for your continued support.
    The servers are still up, so join the party and say goodbye!
    - Ben 'APBMonkey' Bateman (Community Officer)

"I truly wish we had the chance to continue to craft APB into the vision we had for it. It has been a long & difficult journey but ultimately rewarding to have had the chance to try something bold and different. APB holds some great memories, from the last night of the beta, to the clans and individuals who amazed us with their creativity and sense of community. I am so sorry it had to end so quickly but hopefully the good memories will stay with us all for a long time. Thanks to all the team for the years of hard work, and to the players who contributed so much."
    - Dave Jones

“Please spare a thought to all the thousands of brave men and women of San Paro who despite knowing the odds, still dared to cross the street. They will be sorely missed.”
    - Johann van der Walt (Software Engineer: Living City)

“Thanks for sticking with us through the hard times guys, we put a huge amount of our lives into APB, but unfortunately we’re not going to get the chance to make it the game we all knew it had the potential to be. Thanks."
    - Rob “bobbyd” Anderberg.

"Thanks for being a creative and imaginative community, the cookies, feedback and ideas were appreciated."
    – Ben ' Giefster ' Skelly

"Working on APB was rewarding, frustrating, amazing, depressing, exciting, and overall, surreal. I’ve never experienced anything quite like it, but I’ve enjoyed it all the way. I hope the players enjoyed the time they had despite the short comings, and will remember the game in a good light for what it was meant to be, not quite what it turned out to be. Now just to get started on that Xbox version..."
    - Jon McKellan (the guy who did the loading screens)

“I had the great pleasure of working with some extremely talented people in both the Dundee and Boulder office, and for the longest time APB was our lives. It is truly sad that it ended this way ... but when you aim for the stars, you sometimes fall on your face.”
    - Ben Abbott, Live Producer.

"Press F to apply for Jobseekers Allowance."
    - Ben Hall (Development QA)

"In every way APB was a dichotomy. I have witnessed the project alter from a fragile and delicate entity used to show the world the depth of our vision through to the sturdy beast we released to the public. There were the unusual errors and crashes which are to be expected but it worked. Once in the hands of our community I have never seen something elicit such a polarisation of people. It was dismissed as overhyped and broken or else taken to heart to be loved and cherished, buoyed on by a fanaticism I was proud to have played a part in bringing to the world. Although still again among our players APB brought out both the poles in human behaviour. I bore witness to raw hatred and fury, arrogance and mean spirits but I was also delighted to experience the kindest side of human nature as players came to the aid of others when in a tight spot or they created works of art with the tools provided.
    In all APB was a fantastic experience with an incredible team and it is one that I will always cherish and has added to who I am. Thank you everyone involved from our excellent players to our incredible dev team."
    - Conor Crowley (Senior QA, System design assistant, Tech support, in-game support, Overall CS, 1 man Publishing QA team, Tea Boy, Morale Officer)

"I’m sad to see the project go. Of all the games I’ve worked on, APB was probably the one with the most potential. I genuinely believe that given more time, we could have turned APB into the game we all wanted it to be. I’d like to thank the community for all their support, the good times I’ve had playing against them, and for the amazing (and often hilarious) user-generated content that they’ve created.
    I’d also like to thank the rest of the team for all of their hard-work, and for generally being great people to work with. "
    -Bryan Robertson (Gameplay Programmer)

Sources:

Realtime Worlds | APB: All Points Bulletin
    APB to close tomorrow : PC Gamer

Kinda sucks doesn't it?
    Look at your post, now back to mine; Now back to your post, now back to mine. Sadly, it isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate content, it could look like mine. Look down, backup, where are you? You're scrolling through threads, reading the post your post could look like. What did you post? Back at mine; It's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again and the reply is now diamonds.

Anything is possible when you think before you post. The moon is shrinking.

APB is officially shutting down tomorrow (9/17/2010)
    The Maffyx's Avatar Contributor

Thanks G/R
    0/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sucks, but this has been coming for a while.

alj03's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh wow... I just youtube the game and it looks awesome! Sucks that I won't get to play it.
    Death to all but Metal.

noes's Avatar Contributor

Thanks G/R
    3/8
    Trade Feedback
    6 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just checked it, and its a shame I never played it.

Aldun's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a shame, but I played some good weeks/months, enjoyed it but (luckily? ^^) didnt play it anymore when they announced it would shut down. Even though we all saw this coming big time..

Ps. rumours say Epic Games might take over APB, especially since they're the creators of the engine it won't be too big of a deal.

stoneharry's Avatar Moderator Harry

Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    150/146
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love how my local HMV still has APB for sale... Going to ask about it next time I go in there.

Aelus's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There has been no officially announcement of when the servers are going down. Check the announcement yourself. And seeing as it's 9/17/2010 and the server's are still up your topic needs changing.

As for those who did not get to play, it is speculated that this private server *might* have success, but who know's now that they can't packet sniff.

Welcome to Action District

Remus's Avatar Banned

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Aelus View Post
    There has been no officially announcement of when the servers are going down. Check the announcement yourself. And seeing as it's 9/17/2010 and the server's are still up your topic needs changing.

As for those who did not get to play, it is speculated that this private server *might* have success, but who know's now that they can't packet sniff.

shitty emulator for a good game.
    Obviously you don't know what a "death rattle state" is.

Aelus's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Remus View Post

Obviously you don't know what a "death rattle state" is.
    Obviously you're an idiot. You said a "good game", yet i'm sure you never even played it. Even so, it's dead, so much for a good game.

And I never said the emulator was good, it's one of the few that are even out there. I doubt it ever comes online. This game is dead.

Remus's Avatar Banned

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Aelus View Post
    Obviously you're an idiot. You said a "good game", yet i'm sure you never even played it. Even so, it's dead, so much for a good game.

And I never said the emulator was good, it's one of the few that are even out there. I doubt it ever comes online. This game is dead.
    Frankly, you are the idiot for assuming. I have played it i spent 60 + hours playing APB, and APB is a good game: hackers(small amount) and poor administration(large amount) killed it for content release (Chaose mode should have been playable) to keep in tune with why GTA is so much fun.