0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

APB: All Points Bulletin MMO

All Points Bulletin

APB: All Points Bulletin
    is an upcoming massively multiplayer online video game for Microsoft Windows based in urban sprawls and featuring two sides, Enforcement and the Criminals. Players may join either the Enforcers or the Criminals, and form sub-groups in these. The game design is led by David Jones, creator of the original Grand Theft Auto and Crackdown, and is being developed by Realtime Worlds.

The game takes place in a modern-day, fictional city where there is a constant battle between "Enforcers" and "Criminals", and the player will need to decide to which Faction they want to belong. The two sides battle out for control of the city, with territory within the city being contested continually 24 hours a day, so that players must concern themselves with both offensive and defensive moves.

Other activities involving missions within the game allowing the player to earn extra money, which then can be used to upgrade weapons, vehicles, and their character appearances, all that influence the game itself. For example, several Criminal players may rob a convenience store within the game; the game will then seek out one or more Law Enforcement players of equivalent skills and other criteria, and will issue an all-points bulletin for them to stop the robbery.

APB also claims it will be the first Massively multiplayer online game title where the player's skill determines the character's progression, as opposed to the normal model of time investment.

At GDC 2009 it was announced that Vivox would be providing voice chat for the game, the software allows players to customize the voice of their characters with voice fronts, and also to communicate using 3D positional audio.

Features

San Paro: The Living City

APB: All Points Bulletin
    is set in San Paro, a persistent, online modern city which lives and breathes, filled with a population of civilians going about their daily lives. Joining the civilian population are opposing factions of players: Criminals and Enforcers, fighting for control and leaving their mark as they succeed or fail.

Criminal or Enforcer?

Players choose to be either a
    criminal or an enforcer and are matched against each other in fast-paced, third person action. The criminals aim to create a city rife with violent crime. The enforcers are pitted against them, protecting the civilian population and fighting the criminals at every turn. Want to commit a robbery with your friends? You can, but watch out because another group of players will be out to stop you!

Conflict and Game Play

Players can pledge to
    criminal or enforcement organizations and receive missions or move through the environment choosing open world activities. For criminals; robbery, graffiti, arson and murder all add to notoriety. For enforcers; arresting criminals, preventing crimes and cleaning up the city all add to prestige. With a range of weapons and vehicles to choose from and multiple ways to be matched up with other players, this is the ultimate test of your skills.

Be a Celebrity!

As a top player, your name will be at the top of league tables held online. San Paro will be your world: your character’s name and face as well known as a Hollywood movie star, a standard that other players aim for. But how long can you stay at the top?

Be Creative!

APB has one of the most in depth character and vehicle customization tools available today. Every player can create a unique character with a level of detail unparalleled in other games. And customization doesn’t stop at physical appearance. Clothing, body art and vehicles can all be customized using symbols created by the players themselves in our symbol editor. Successful players are rewarded with greater ability to customize so the better you are at the game, the better you’ll look.

Play Your Own Music!

The world of APB will be filled with music: you can import your own music files into APB plus we have more than 100 tracks licensed to the game and a sophisticated in-game music editor.

Screenshots

Trailers

[YT]<object width="853" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/I3-QalmebXE&hl=en_GB&fs=1&rel=0&hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/I3-QalmebXE&hl=en_GB&fs=1&rel=0&hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="853" height="505"></embed></object>[/YT]

[YT]<object width="853" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Uv4LsKcfvL0&hl=en_GB&fs=1&rel=0&hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Uv4LsKcfvL0&hl=en_GB&fs=1&rel=0&hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="853" height="505"></embed></object>[/YT]

[YT]<object width="853" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jNIPuURNJRY&hl=en_GB&fs=1&rel=0&hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jNIPuURNJRY&hl=en_GB&fs=1&rel=0&hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="853" height="505"></embed></object>[/YT]

Links

http://www.apb.com/

Realtime Worlds

Looks like an interesting game concept to me, I for one will probably be giving it ago and hopefully I will get selected for the beta which is currently open to the public. What do all of you think?

APB: All Points Bulletin MMO
    EcHoEs's Avatar lol why u mad
    Thanks G/R
    3/1
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Damn, looks amazing! also applied for beta Hope that I will be selected too

Btw will it be p2p to f2p?

Kubiatsu's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    9/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They haven't confirmed the exact payment system yet HOWEVER they have said this in their FAQ:

How much will APB cost?

The price and payment model have not been finalized yet but we can say it won’t be the traditional monthly subscription model.

More FAQ answered here: http://www.apb.com/faq/

2dgreengiant's Avatar ★ Elder ★

Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was well up for this when i saw it ages ago, signed up for the beta if i remember correctly
    If you need me you have my skype, if you don't have my skype then you don't need me.

pakman123's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got just got my mail saying that I am accepted, I'm patching it at this moment, ha.. ha.. ha.. 440 minutes. Can't wait!

7.99GB big patch.

2dgreengiant's Avatar ★ Elder ★

Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Such a good game too bad cant give out any screenshots
    If you need me you have my skype, if you don't have my skype then you don't need me.

ReidE96's Avatar Archer Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was in the old skool beta, when the guns didn't work Now I'm in Heavy Hitters group. Love how the patcher still randomly flomps out.

Anyhoo, haven't played it in a while, but it's fun. Last I checked the NDA, we weren't even allowed to say we were in it, glad we can now

venmalathy's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for sharing...It's useful for me this posts..