0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dragon Age: Origins

Hello mmowned! I just ordered my new computer, and a long with it I am getting the new game, Dragon Age: Origins.

I've seen a couple of videoclips about the game on youtube, but all I really understand is that you do quests, get exp and gain levels. Now, I still go a lot of unanswered questions about this game, like graphics / audio, lore, online based(?) etc, etc.. I hope someone knows more then me and would be so kind to revial some of theire knowledge about it, hints and tips are also apriciated though!

- Sincerely,
    Buffy tha l33cher!

Dragon Age: Origins
    Thidan's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    2/15
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gameplaywise the game is a disaster imo. Too much Baldurs Gate over it (Overhead view or "Strategic view" or whatever it's called. And the 3rd person view is good but, control 5 characters like that is just a terrible idea imo)

But all in all, it's got an amazing lore and the graphics are a solid 8/10.

Just my opinion.

Forever's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I first started playing this game anyway it was all so different and couldn't really get in to it but once I got into the story en the game it has become really fun. It's still getting more fun the longer I play Very in-depht story. Usually I don't read all that stuff but this time I do, it's very interesting and you have really a lot to read if you want. Graphics keep up with the current released games and the audio is just normal I guess. Some background music, fighting music etc. Nothing all too special but it's not bad. You have 3 hero classes and each of those 3 classes has 4 specializations so you can try different things if you want. I go in my party with a tank, healer, some mage that does all kind of things and myself the dps, as a rogue.

The game also seems to be very long so that is awesome. I complete most games these days in like 6 hours max but I've been going on with this one for 15-20 hours now and it says progress 10%. Probably some sidequests and non important stuff with it so I guess I'm like 25% done with the main story line.

Graphics 9
    Story 10
    Gameplay 10
    Sound 8.5
    Overall 9.5/10

that is my view on it at least

also find it nice that you can seduce women (or men if you prefer) gives you a goal to do during quests and such and my hero lost his virginity in-game boooya
    Originally Posted by Thidan View Post
    Gameplaywise the game is a disaster imo. Too much Baldurs Gate over it (Overhead view or "Strategic view" or whatever it's called. And the 3rd person view is good but, control 5 characters like that is just a terrible idea imo)

But all in all, it's got an amazing lore and the graphics are a solid 8/10.

Just my opinion.
    Well if you wanna play it strategic you need to pause a lot so you lose no time making sure everyone is in place and does what they are supposed to do. I just pauze the game at the start of a battle and then control my own hero (A rogue atm). I have set some tactics for my party members so they do alright on their own.
    Last edited by Forever; 11-19-2009 at 07:33 PM.

Thanks G/R
    2/15
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Forever View Post
    When I first started playing this game anyway it was all so different and couldn't really get in to it but once I got into the story en the game it has become really fun. It's still getting more fun the longer I play Very in-depht story. Usually I don't read all that stuff but this time I do, it's very interesting and you have really a lot to read if you want. Graphics keep up with the current released games and the audio is just normal I guess. Some background music, fighting music etc. Nothing all too special but it's not bad. You have 3 hero classes and each of those 3 classes has 4 specializations so you can try different things if you want. I go in my party with a tank, healer, some mage that does all kind of things and myself the dps, as a rogue.

The game also seems to be very long so that is awesome. I complete most games these days in like 6 hours max but I've been going on with this one for 15-20 hours now and it says progress 10%. Probably some sidequests and non important stuff with it so I guess I'm like 25% done with the main story line.

Graphics 9
    Story 10
    Gameplay 10
    Sound 8.5
    Overall 9.5/10

that is my view on it at least

also find it nice that you can seduce women (or men if you prefer) gives you a goal to do during quests and such and my hero lost his virginity in-game boooya

Well if you wanna play it strategic you need to pause a lot so you lose no time making sure everyone is in place and does what they are supposed to do. I just pauze the game at the start of a battle and then control my own hero (A rogue atm). I have set some tactics for my party members so they do alright on their own.
    Well I've only played it for about an hour in total, but I guess you need some time to get a hang of it.
    But you must agree, the lore is just simply astonishing!

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Thidan View Post
    Well I've only played it for about an hour in total, but I guess you need some time to get a hang of it.
    But you must agree, the lore is just simply astonishing!
    Yeah I didn't really like it at all the first time either
    Well in the start it was nice when I did my Human Noble questline. No nvm I take that back I didn't really understood the UI and such so I never knew where to go Then eventually as I began to understand it. "Ok here you go, lead your team to victory" and suddenly I had to control 4 characters at the same time
    I would definitely recommend you to play a bit more though since once you make some progress with your team through the wilderness and understand the game it will be a lot of fun!

Iraq's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    been playing it since its release, gameplay is amazing, the storyline is something new and im loving it. this is not an action-rpg, this is a very strategic roleplaying game, you will spend most of your time in battle with the game paused plotting your next moves and battle tactics. the graphics are very will done for a game of this size. the scenery throughout the game is very flavorful and detailed. i love the dialogue, as its almost like your there in the story as it unfolds as you see fit. my overall experience with this game has been a great one, ive been playing for well over 150 hours on one character and have yet to complete the game. ive even rerolled a couple times to see how the story unfolds from the different perspectives, so replay value is very high in this game as its almost like a new story each different character you make.

this game is alot of fun, but you need to be able to invest countless hours to make progress, this is not a game for the casual gamer who probably doesnt have experience in oldschool strategic rpg's. but anyone looking to pickup a fresh new rpg game with stunning graphics and a brand new storyline, i suggest you checkout dragon age origins, as you wont be disappointed.

id like to see anyone who has played this game for more than 10 minutes say it is less than amazing.
    Last edited by Iraq; 11-20-2009 at 09:30 AM.

Thanks G/R
    2/15
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Forever View Post
    Yeah I didn't really like it at all the first time either
    Well in the start it was nice when I did my Human Noble questline. No nvm I take that back I didn't really understood the UI and such so I never knew where to go Then eventually as I began to understand it. "Ok here you go, lead your team to victory" and suddenly I had to control 4 characters at the same time
    I would definitely recommend you to play a bit more though since once you make some progress with your team through the wilderness and understand the game it will be a lot of fun!

It sure ain't something you play through in 8 hours!

Edit:
    Ye as you said about "ok, lead your team to victory", they could've been alittle kinder to you and not just throw everything in your face the first 5 minutes x'D

Evilbuffy's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okey! Well, atleast it's great to see that people show interest in threads like this!
    I personally will test out the game, because it looks awesome actually ^^

blueberrybear's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    go for the gay sex scene imo

[Z]em's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    personally this game dosnt look all that great.
    i was considering getting it but im not anymore.

faithzz's Avatar Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello there.
    Dragon Age impressed me a lot. I haven't enjoyed any rpgs like i did this one so far(maybe morrowind). Epic voice acts , movies , and characters.
    The story is well made , i went through the game 2 times , with different party , and with different decisions in quests and i enjoyed it the same as i did first time.
    The grapphics are decent imo. The system req is really soft. This game is simply epic.
    So if you like RPGs you must try this one , you wont regret it.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    60 hours played now and 32% completed, this looks very promising for the near future, still loving the game

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    65 hours played now and I completed the game
    Still says 38% completed so they probably expect you to play the campaign at least 3 times, I think I will do so