Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Essay] MMORPG Tibia

Greetings,

Today I have decided upon writing a review on the classic MMORPG Tibia. Below you will find the table of contents.

Table of Contents:
    1. Introduction - What is Tibia?
    2. The History of Tibia - How did it get where it is today?
    3. Tibia Graphics - General Graphics Review
    4. The Tibia PvP System - How it works
    5. Updates through time - Major changes to the game
    6. Tibia's Community system - Guilds, Servers and Forums
    7. The big debate - How it is believed that Tibia has become corrupt over Time
    8. Conclusion - So, Lets score Tibia on its aspects!

1. Introduction - What is Tibia?
    Tibia is a MuD based MMORPG with a twist. When people think of MuD they think of text based games like " A rat attacks you, Do you A. Fight B. Run or C. Try your luck and throw it a piece of meat ". This however is not what Tibia is. Tibia was the first MuD to introduce a graphical user interface. This at the time was one of the key features of Tibia.

The objective of Tibia is to level up a character to be the highest on the game. Unlike many other MMORPG’s of today Tibia does not feature a level cap. By killing creatures and other players ( Server type permitting ) characters gain General xp. This is what is used to level up a character. With each level a character unlocks new spells, Weapons and Armour. Also the character gains Mana points, Hit Points, Caps ( Amount of objects that can be carried ) and Soul points ( Used in making runes ).

Tibia features many different skills too. The speed in which these skills level up is based on the characters vocation. The vocations relative to skills are as follows:

Paladin – A paladins distance skill goes up the fastest out of all the vocations. Also their magic, shielding and melee skills go up at a adequate rate. Paladins are generally associated as been a all round class.

Druid – A Druids magic skill goes up the fastest in the game ( Level with Sorcerers ). Druids have the second slowest xp gain in Shielding and melee in Tibia ( Minutely faster than Sorcerers ).

Sorcerer – A Sorcerers magic skill goes up the fastest on the game ( Level with Druids ). Sorcerers have the slowest xp gain in Shielding and Melee in Tibia.

Knight – A Knight has the fastest levelling Melee and Shielding skills in the game. Their xp gain in Distance is also adequate. However they have the slowest levelling magic skill in Tibia as well as been capped to magic level 9.

Tibia also has a rather advanced damage point calculation system. Please note that all the calculations end with the aspect of a random bracket of damage added or taken away from a characters total damage. The damage caused to a creature is calculated by the characters weapon skill relative to the weapon type and the weapons attack points and the characters Level. The damage caused to a character by a creature is calculated by taking the creatures attack potential ( This can not be found out by anyone outside of Cipsoft ) and then comparing it to the characters level, defence points and armour points. In PvP ( Player vs. Player ) combat the damage calculation is much more complex. Generally speaking it is worked out like the following. Characters Creature attack total halved then compared with the target players armour value. Again please note that a exact calculation is not known.

Last edited by ReAcTiOnZ; 09-22-2009 at 10:26 AM.

[Essay] MMORPG Tibia
    JD's Avatar Fedora Potato Johnson V
    Thanks G/R
    12/89
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking good Can't wait for part 2 =]

ReAcTiOnZ's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am no longer doing this article as nobody seems to be interested.

Pally87's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tibia is an awsome game, its simple plain and easy.
    Used to play it all the time.
    And a good review of the game so far.

Serae's Avatar Active Member Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Eh, it's all right. It is getting worse by the day.

EmiliaCarter's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello, I would like to thank you for this useful material. What is more, I would like to share the place which helped me to freelancer for hire and they helped me to with my task