Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone would like to do this and needs a guy, My name is ZietSniper ( i play Vanu and am on Connery ).

[Planetside 2] Cert farming guide ( 300-500 certs per hour)
    dabababaaaa's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maybe you find this helpfull:
    Planetside 2 Cert Bot - YouTube

tested and working good^^

bbmagill's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Message me!

I am open for this. Message me if interested! My username is dino520. I will be happy to be the shooter. I am a Vanu on Emerald. Looking for any two NC or TR to farm with me!

jaxsonbateman's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm glad I found this guide. Just got PS2 in preparation for WH40K: Eternal Crusade which will likely have similar gameplay. In any case, I hate starting out in games like this with nothing, against fully decked out players, so I decided to farm. Here's what I've uncovered:

1. i) You can dual box for it and do it all yourself.
    ii) At this point I'm actually quad boxing it - one standard copy of the game in my games directory, and 3 on my external hd. All on lowest graphics setting.

2. i) I've found the best setup for the cert-farming character (your main char I assume) are a friendly engineer (for ammo + squad ribbons), an enemy medic (Rez), and an enemy Max.
    ii) The Max is vital as it rezzes in the exact same position as it fell, as well as giving bonus exp. This allows for easy bot automation.

3. i) If playing on a live map, find an out of the way spot to do it. Squad beacon is handy for the friendly team. Make it a spot that's not too hard for the Max to get to.
    ii) If you can, try to set up on a map that's about to go cold. If you don't care about changing gear for directives or anything like that, a cold world means no interruptions, which is very useful for automation. The only catch is that you need to make sure the Max doesn't fail to get rezzed, so you need to make sure the automation is solid.

That's basically it. As I type this on my phone I've got the game farming itself on my desktop (courtesy of Mouse and Keyboard Recorder from RobotSoft). Automation slows down the process a smidge, of course, as you need to be more careful with the actions - like over killing a little just in case - but it also means that you can do other stuff while it goes - such as sleep overnight. ;-)

Edit: after finding myself alone on one planet and having free reign of the farm, I made the mistake of going to the next as it was about to expire in order to change gear, as well as try to set up a Sunderer and Tank in order to get those directives. What I've discovered is that some players only have one mission - to stop you farming - particularly towards the end of the timer.

Reading some comments in this thread about banning also concerns me, but I did just start and haven't really invested anything beyond some half-attentive time into the game. The amount of time and effort required when playing normally to catch up in gear and abilities to people who have been playing for a while (or are willing to actually pay into the game) mean that if this doesn't work out, I'll stick to games that don't require such investment.
    Last edited by jaxsonbateman; 03-08-2015 at 08:11 AM.

CerberusNoid's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    anyone to join?

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112