Trade Feedback
    29 (93%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to make a CSS server

How to make a CSS server
    1: Download this file -> http://www.steampowered.com/download/hldsupdatetool.exe Don't run the install yet !
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2: Go to Computer -> Local disc C: and make a folder called SRCDS
    Open up the folder SRCDS and make another folder in it called Updater.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    3: Start the install and when it asks you for what location it should install to set it to Computer-> Local Disc C: -> SRCDS -> Updater. And just press next whole time and follow the instructions , choose your location etc. When the install is finished go to the Updater folder. There should be some files in there now.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    4: Right click on the HldsUpdateTool and press on make new shortcut. Name the new shortcut: Install Update. Right click on ''Install Update'' and press on properties. And the target should be : C:\SRCDS\Updater\HldsUpdateTool.exe
    Make a space and add all this: -command update -game "Counter-Strike Source" -dir C:\SRCDS so it should look like :
    C:\SRCDS\Updater\HldsUpdateTool.exe -command update -game "Counter-Strike Source" -dir C:\SRCDS Press Apply and ok and run the Install Update. This will take like 15 minutes depending on how fast your internet is.

5: Now when your update is done go to your SRCDS folder and you will see some other folders that have appeared after the update. Go in to the Orangebox folder and make a shortcut of the SRCDS and name it Run SRCDS. Right click on it go to properties and copy this: -console -game cstrike -tickrate 33 -ip -port 27015 -maxplayers 16 +map de_dust2 -auto update and paste it in after the text in the target. Don't forget to make a space between them.
    6:Now we're allmost done ! We just need to make a .CFG file and that's very simple. Go to : Counter-Strike - CS Source cfgmaker And fill in all like you wan't , Server name , password etc. and when you filled in all just click on Run CFG maker. Then a code will pop up with alot of stuff copy all that. Make a Notepad file. Paste the stuff you copied in to the notepad file and press on file and save as : Computer -> C: -> SRCDS -> Orangebox -> Cstrike -> Cfg and name the file server.cfg and press save.

7: Now go to Computer -> C: -> SRCDS -> Orangebox and open up Run SRCDS. Now your server should be up to see if it's up go to the game press on Find games and go to LAN and you should find your server , Enjoy.
    8: If you're behind a router and want other people to get in to your server and not just you and ppl in your LAN you will have to portforward some ports. Forwarding your ports is pretty easy if you know how to do it. Go to Start -> Run-> and type in CMD and a console will pop up. write in ipconfig and press enter. now there should be alot of numbers coming up. You need to find 2 numbers. The IPv4-adress that is usually like 192.168.0.100 or something else. The 2nd one is your routers ip it usually is , 192.168.0.1 , 192.168.1.0 , 192.168.1.1 . Write down these to numbers and go to PortForward.com - Port Forwarding Guides Listed by Manufacturer and Model And search after your router and Counter Strike Source and there will be all instructions about what to do.

Made by : <k3Mk01>

If you have any questions post them or PM me.

Go to IP Chicken - Whats my IP address? ip address lookup and copy your Ip and add :27015 so it should look like something like this : 213.89.34.12:27015 that's the ip you send to your friends. But you will connect from 127.0.0.1

How to make a CSS server
    Xel's Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    94/51
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was just thinking of finally getting into CSS by making my own server so.. this is a really nice guide! Thanks for the share! +rep

2NOOB4U's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last edited by 2NOOB4U; 02-04-2024 at 03:17 AM.

hogs1397's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can you make tutorial for surfing server? I just dont know accelerate numbers.

krmak's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks!!! :-D

Recep's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Ket.
    Nice guide, but i got one problem..

When I start CS:S and go to LAN, I see my server in the list, but can't join, it says ; ' Your version does not match the server, please restart the game '

Send a message with information to ; [email protected]

Thank you !

uz986's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i have a problem i when i start hlds update tool it says me some files is missing it takes 6 hours to download those file.after that when i go to srcds folder there is srcds.exe but there is no orange box folder plz can any body tell help me..................i start hlds update tool two three times still its not downloading these files...........

isocdkeys's Avatar Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    downloading this atm, anyone know if i can run any mods?

iso 1.6 like superhero or poke mod

Harambeqt's Avatar Elite User CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    9/29
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Jennifer571 View Post
    Nice guide, but i got one problem..
    What is your problem Jennifer?
    Support the #1 WoW Emulator:
    http://arcemu.org/
    https://github.com/arcemu/arcemu
    - - -

erix99's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After the update it dont appeare any folders! Help!