58/71
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CSGO December Updates

Valve released an update on december 8 for CSGO, introducing the new R8 Revolver that sparked a lot of attention in the Counterstrike community.
    Originally Posted by Reddit user
    It has insane range, is perfectly accurate while moving, one-shots in the gut at ludicrous range, one-shots in the chest from medium range, and can be quickly emptied with the alt fire which is more effective at close range than any shotgun," reads a popular post on Reddit's r/games. The game's dedicated subreddit is dominated by chatter — mostly complaints and examples of its perceived excessive power — about CS:GO's new revolver
    Valve's official description of the R8 Revolver:
    Originally Posted by Valve
    The R8 Revolver delivers a highly accurate and powerful round at the expense of a lengthy trigger-pull. When emergency point-blank stopping power is required, fanning the hammer boosts rate-of-fire, but eliminates precision.

Here are the new changes to the Competitive gameplay:
    • In Competitive Matchmaking times are now 1:55 and 0:40 for round and C4, respectively.
    • These are also the new times for CSGO Major Championships.
    • Adjusted recovery time on the AK47, M4A4, and M4A1-S assault rifles to reduce the range at which spraying is preferable to tapping/bursting.
    • Increased move inaccuracy on pistols: Elites, Fiveseven, Glock, P2000, P250, Tec9, USP, CZ75a.
    • Added team timeouts to Competitive Matchmaking, which can be called with a vote. Default is 60 seconds, set by mp_team_timeout_time.

Valve also added a few things into the game that everyone likes, such as:
    • The opportunity to send your friends some gifts.
    • The new Revolver Case.
    • New sticker capsules.
    • And service medal for 2016.
    • And of course the annual holiday cheer.

They “nerfed” the R8 again in the following update, after a few to many complaints about it. The community seemed to be in a lot of doubt after the update.

Valve's input and update details the 10th of December:
    Tuesday we shipped some major gameplay changes in CS:GO including the R8 Revolver, and players have been voicing legitimate concerns over the balance of the weapon as shipped.
    While it typically takes more time to generate enough data to drive an update (and gameplay updates are always a bit disruptive), in this case it’s clear that we got the damage wrong and can respond immediately.
    So today we’re updating the R8 Revolver to bring its values to be more in line with other weapons: among other changes, its damage has been reduced and it takes slightly longer to fire.
    As experience with other new weapons (e.g., CZ75a and M4A1-S) has shown us, it may require several iterations over a longer period to find the stable values that create interesting strategic choices for players. We’re committed to monitoring usage and adjusting the values as required.
    Tuesday’s update also included several other changes to gameplay (including a rebalancing for pistols and rifles). It’s still too early to determine their impact but we’re just as committed to monitoring the new meta and ensuring that as CS:GO continues to evolve, it remains fun, skillful, and balanced.

My own opinion:

Seems like a good idea to make some new weapons into the game to make it “new” again.
    I’ve only played a single casual game where I tried the R8 and couldn’t really do much with it; Yet.
    Although, it’s very much like the Deagle but with a slower firing time on the single shot option.
    The overall update really messed with my ability to shoot with the greater rifles such as M4A1 or the AK-47. It’s a good thing they are trying to make the community happy and up to date with their thoughts and updates. Might be in a professional way they decide to do it but I’m still glad that they try.

Valve released an official apology for their mistakes the 15th.

Valve said:
    We made some adjustments to rifles recently, and those changes have been causing a lot of pain in the CS:GO community. The pain was the result of a few mistakes we made, and while we usually prefer to avoid disrupting conversations happening in the community, we wanted to talk about some of the thinking that led to the recent changes as well as our plan for moving forward

We really want to know what you got to say about the R8, and the overall update down in the comment section.

We wish you all some happy upcoming holidays.

CSGO December Updates
  2. Thanks Smitten, Kenneth (2 members gave Thanks to Mcskeen for this useful post)
    Thomja's Avatar Almost Legendary User
    Thanks G/R
    14/38
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For me the R8 is a nice addition, I really like the slow firing mode as it allows me to make accurate shots over long distances while slightly moving. Something the desert eagle was lacking. Even after the nerf I've had some fun times with it, one of which you can see here if you like. I like the power it brings. I feel like eco rounds can really bring something if you're patient and aim carefully. Sure that the desert eagle did a lot of damage as well but as previously mentioned, in long ranges the revolver seems to excel for me.
    I really don't have anything interesting to put here anymore.

4. Thanks Mcskeen (1 members gave Thanks to Thomja for this useful post)