Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome Back Beta Weekend (Review)

Ok I can't take it anymore.

When I got invited to Beta, by the time I saw the email (trash bin hider) and downloaded the client, it was over.

So now I get this invite, and after the horrible issues at launch that I heard, I was not upset. Fast forward to yesterday. (Keep in mind I never played original launch, so when they went F2P and things changed based on sub model, then I cannot compare or have no reference)

So I login, create a nightblade, cause I like stealthy types. Well, apparently from all of the 2 or so sites that have 'builds' that are updated to 2015... the build I had was missing some things, chose the wrong paths to take early on, and now it's going to take me a while to get back to where I actually wanted to go. Looked into resetting my skills. Apparently you have to spend money to get Crowns to reset both Attributes and Skills..... SO. They gave me 500 crowns. I can't even afford one. They're (i think) 700 Crowns each. Okay, F2P. I get it.

Leveling, is slow. And I don't mean by time. I mean, ... well, lets go over things here.

There are levels, there are ability levels, there are crafting skills and then there's the inventory space (I consider it a level).

If you don't have bag space, you are going to want to kill yourself after the first 5 levels. You run out of bag space, and you have to pay money (a rare commodity if you are new). They cost 1,000gold + for the first and it goes up every upgrade afterwards. That's for 10 bank spots.

Kind of sucks, and needs something .... different. It's not a F2P thing, since there doesn't seem to be anything in the crown store to 'auto-upgrade' to like 150 or so bank slots, or increase your actual capacity of your inventory. Which is 60 spots... sad. That's the leveling non-experience way. Gaining enough money to buy slots when you're stating out is the biggest pain in the butt ever. I can see why someone would WANT to buy gold...

So I am all for making you feel like you're in the game. Sure, I can deal with the storyline progression and all that. But when you talk to a quest guy and the ONLY way to get the next quest is to talk to them more so you can accept that one dialog option that starts the quest... that's garbage. You find yourself pressing E.E.E.E.E.E.E.E.E.E.E just to get through it. But then you hit a loop. The same 2-4 options loop over and over, and you have to manually select an option to continue. Then you cry and go have a beer.

Killing mobs is odd. The combat system is interesting. Not really having played Skyrim, from what I did experience, the combat system seemed similar. But certain class specs are better at solo questing than others. Mainly AoE spec types. Problem is, you have to respec if you didn't know that, which costs money. So reading ahead is key in this game.

Ability levels are just flat out annoying. Some abilities that you want upgrades to for utility as you boost, you have to actually use those abilities. Biggest issue, is there are specific abilities that just flat out do more damage at lower levels, so you use them. My character has one ability at max level, because it did more damage and had more utility solo'ing than any other thing. SO... the other abilities are just, you know, sitting at Level I or II.

I can see what they were kind of doing, but ... there are so many different levels in the game, between guilds, skills, specs, etc.... it just makes you go, 'what am I supposed to focus on?'

So I am into Day two, hit level 10 after going after Skyshards to get ability/skill level ups that I needed. Issue was, when I found them, there were higher level mobs. Cool beans!

So now that I know this, it might be easier to level. I can actually see the xp bar going up while killing things. Rather than running around for hours and then doing a quest that does like 10-20% of an xp bar and takes 40 min.

Final Suggestion:

Anyone who has never played this game, READ. Read up on the class you want to play, the role you want to play, and figure out exactly what you want to do so you don't waste time. And this is not like any other MMO. In other MMO's it's "pick a spec, talent tree, and race combination to help you level. Then respec at the end.".

In Elder Scrolls Online, it seems, you have to know EXACTLY what you want to do, to the T. And if a patch comes in and changes things so much that your spec requirements change... well... spend some Crowns/Money to fix it.

Story line is cool, lots of tidbits to keep you interested for hours at a time.
    Even if it's just for that, then it's worth the cost of basically buying Skyrim again. Take your time, and just enjoy the storylines, and then un-install unless you want to spend real money.

I give it a 6/10.

Welcome Back Beta Weekend (Review)
  2. Thanks hackerlol (1 members gave Thanks to Veritable for this useful post)
    HI5's Avatar ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Some Random Leacher
    Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    542/299
    Trade Feedback
    217 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's how all TES games are like tho, you never could "respec", you should just go by your instincts and pick skills that you think are best. I mean, there should be bad players who picked bad skills too, it's not "everyone's equal1!!", same as in life - you make bad choices, you endup with bad life, tho in this case you can always make a new char (well and apparently respec for cash now too)

Also one correction - the game is not F2P, it's B2P
    Last edited by HI5; 04-17-2015 at 10:08 PM.

Veritable's Avatar OwnedCore News Correspondent
    Thanks G/R
    52/123
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    heh ya I guess you're right about b2p.

I was going to login and give it another day today. A few hours anyway. We'll see how it goes Thanks for rep <3

Retcon's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    4/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You do not need real money to respec. This is the first I've ever heard of it O_o. You need gold, the amount of which increases depending on your level.

Veritable's Avatar OwnedCore News Correspondent
    Thanks G/R
    52/123
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From what I remember, the attribute points require purchasing an item from the store. So once you put them into like Strength and such, you can't reset those without buying the book. Unless there is some way that I never found. Hard to do now that the trial is over but

truejake's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can either go to the shrines in-game and use gold to respec attributes or skill points; or go to the crown store and use cash to buy a potion and respec. If you have champion points you can just pay to respec those right in the champion screen.