22/49
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why do you bot?

Now this may seem like a troll-ish question, but I don't see the point of botting in Diablo 3. I mean I have a friend that botted the shit out of his character the first month or so of this Season and only still he was like 357 in terms of overall ranking.

I mean I understand the basic benefits, shit ton of mats and stuff, but doesn't it kinda take the piss out of an already easy ass game? I mean I can speed clear T10 rifts and I can push GR's with solid groups and that's just from farming I've done on my own.

Yet again, I'm seriously not trolling- I just want to see how you use it to see if it could ever appeal to me.

Why do you bot?
  2. Thanks hackerlol (1 members gave Thanks to Bambusbar for this useful post)
    Blubblab's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Bambusbar View Post
    Now this may seem like a troll-ish question, but I don't see the point of botting in Diablo 3. I mean I have a friend that botted the shit out of his character the first month or so of this Season and only still he was like 357 in terms of overall ranking.

I mean I understand the basic benefits, shit ton of mats and stuff, but doesn't it kinda take the piss out of an already easy ass game? I mean I can speed clear T10 rifts and I can push GR's with solid groups and that's just from farming I've done on my own.

Yet again, I'm seriously not trolling- I just want to see how you use it to see if it could ever appeal to me.
    I can't give you a D3 specific answer because I don't play it but I think I can give you a wider answer.

1) Bot used by non-players in general this means those are goldseller agents which use the Actionhouses in games also to make money.
    They sell their gold to the goldsellers to make real money.

2.) Bots used by players like you said they are used also to farm items or currencies which you can use then for items.
    You can split them also up in different groups but their aren't clear boarders between them it more like a mix.

a) Mainly for the game:
    1. Because I want advantage over other players this is more the %&/ type of player
    2. The other reason is many MMOs are unfair either (with insane grinding to make progress) or (they focus if it is f2p on the whale gamers so it is hyper expansive and you can compensate with in-game currency or drop) or both

b) or Like me I have fun programming bots partially/mainly because MMOs are so boring for my intellect.

I had similar feeling when Neverwinter came out the Gateway(profession webpage) make sense to bot but in-game besides goldsellers(agents) it didn't make much sense back then I haven't played in a long time. It has possible changed since then but that isn't the point
    Last edited by Blubblab; 11-29-2015 at 02:50 PM.

4. Thanks Bambusbar, hackerlol (2 members gave Thanks to Blubblab for this useful post)
    kenny_black04's Avatar Active Member PROFESSIONAL BOOSTING SERVICES
    CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    34/19
    Trade Feedback
    140 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Bambusbar,

I`m a Diablo III multiboxer offering powerleveling services, i personally never used bots but i am aware of the subject, just saw your thread and thought i could point some things out :

From my perspective, it depends what kind of a player u are, if u are casual and just like to keep it chill and play now and then with friends or so, u are perfectly right, botting could be pointless cause u can easily get those mats and stuff by yourself, by farming them.

On the other hand, there are the "hardcore" players, not as in "softcore-hardcore", i`m talking here players who spend more than 10-15hrs/day in d3 constantly pushing the leaderboards.In that case, by botting, nowadays they mainly aim for Greater rift keystones and Death Breaths, which at a certain point start to be a pain in the ass.They need DB`s to reroll their gear into perfect stats and they spend alot of keystones fishing for a good rift, keystones which u prolly know u can get only and only by completing normal rifts (aprox 2mins / run).

Things are better now for those players since Rift Guardians HP is balanced, Bane of the Striken Legendary Gem is on and etc, things that just scalled down alot the RNG they were looking for while fishing for those "dream rifts", but still alot of rift keys are needed -> botting needed.

Another aspect could be the easier access to gear/ancient gear, i`ve seen some videos of bots at work and u`d be surprised to see how smart and efficient those bots are...

As a conclusion, if u have someone to keep after in terms of paragon level, playtime etc such as clanmates, real life friends who bot etc and u feel that they are always one step ahead of u, no worries, trust me : they will always be ! as long as they bot or play more than u, cause this game its just about farming, trust me i play 10-15hrs+ daily and daily drop 1000+ legendaries in multibox so i`ve seen alot...

I would never suggest anyone to start botting but i totally understand why botting is used (at least for a small part of the players pool).

Now, if u wanna risk your account by botting, thats totally up to u mate ! (specially now when word`s out a new banwave is aproaching)

I hope u find this usefull, happy hunting man !

6. Thanks hackerlol (1 members gave Thanks to kenny_black04 for this useful post)
    Bambusbar's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    22/49
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by kenny_black04 View Post
    Hey Bambusbar, ...

As a conclusion, if u have someone to keep after in terms of paragon level, playtime etc such as clanmates, real life friends who bot etc and u feel that they are always one step ahead of u, no worries, trust me : they will always be ! as long as they bot or play more than u, cause this game its just about farming, trust me i play 10-15hrs+ daily and daily drop 1000+ legendaries in multibox so i`ve seen alot...
    Honestly I stopped playing Diablo 3 with my friends that botted.

At first it was admittedly cool, I reaped the benefits of it by them running me when they were physically playing. After a while though, it felt like whenever I hopped on they would never be on, but they'd sure as shit be botting. It felt like a majority of the time after they discovered the bot was just the bot running.

Some games I see that it's worth it where others I don't.

For Diablo I just don't get it, it's not something I'm willing to try.

Thanks for all the insight though guys!

8. Thanks hackerlol, Relican (2 members gave Thanks to Bambusbar for this useful post)
    King Protos's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/6
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kind of depends. For Diablo 3, I love the game, playing it, etc. I love playing story mode with friends, even adventure mode with friends. But farming for ONE specific set piece, or farming for ONE specific item and running adventure bounties literally a hundred times farming for shit just is NOT fun. Same goes with upgrading your gem. Running through a greater rift literally 60 times for a marginal rank upgrade is not fun to do by hand.

Everything else though about the game is a lot of fun. Trying out set combinations, builds with different skills, getting more powerful, running through greater rifts to beat your previous best time, trying to do the achievements with friends, etc etc.

Diablo 3 has a LOT of fluff that just isn't fun, unless you like mindless grinding.

10. Thanks hackerlol, Relican (2 members gave Thanks to King Protos for this useful post)
    hackerlol's Avatar Admin(kind of) ShoutBox Dweller
    Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    1191/297
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I no longer bot however I did and it was prior to the RoS expansion. I originally used to bot because the game progress was very limited if you didn't get extremely lucky, which due to the itemisation at the time was unlikely. The game was not an item farm but a Gold Farm due to the Gold Auction House.
    The game is fantastic now and one doesn't need too bot to make progress anymore.

12. Thanks kenny_black04, Relican, King Protos, Pen (4 members gave Thanks to hackerlol for this useful post)