0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chinese game files

Hello, I ran across the need to translate my tool to Chinese (simplified), but the regular game client can't be changed to that language because of their region locks. I tried directing my Chinese contacts to use CascView, but it seems to crash on their version (while it works just fine for those that have the regular client). I'm pretty sure their version does use CASC (I asked and they seem to have the same directory structure), so it must be some weird difference in the data format.

Have any of you ran across it by any chance, or does anyone know where it's possible to get the string list for the Chinese version? They don't have a battle.net API for their region, either, so it's not possible to pull the item names and such from a website or something.

Update: got them. I managed to install the Chinese client after registering a new account, but it seems that the string lists for stuff like item names/descriptions are only populated as you play the game, so mine were empty (I couldn't even log in). Eventually we worked out a fix that enabled CascView to open the files properly, though.
    Last edited by d07RiV; 06-17-2015 at 10:58 PM.

Chinese game files
    relnas's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    contactet you in pn