Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How does the RMAH determine whose Gold is sold?

I've got always a few time 10 Mio. Gold listed on the AH (always for 2.50 a million) but only sold it twice. Now I've seen other people talking about having sold 100s of millions of Gold on the RMAH. What am I doing wrong and how does the RMAH determine anyways who sells Gold?

How does the RMAH determine whose Gold is sold?
    Kr4zY Fo0L's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's most likely uses some sort of queue system. This would be the most logical I suppose.

TanookiLover's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i'm thinking this is how it is: you just take turns. 1 day 12 hrs is the max for everyone. you move up your turn when the person ahead of you a) auction expires b) has their gold purchased. so of course there will be many people ahead of you until the very end of your auction. during times where demand is high and many people are buying, you have a better chance of it being your turn for longer (before it ends) and also a better chance of it being bought.

if you end during a dead time, you can see how it will be the opposite. your only chance of selling will be if you get lucky and some random person buys your auction during the 2 minutes it is your turn, right before your auction ends at 6AM. or if there is a lucky streak 10 random people decide to buy gold at 6AM, and they buy the 9 turns ahead of your turn, you can get lucky that way also...but less odds.

right now/last week, most people probably put up the auctions during the busy hours (when they are playing obv), so that's bad for them (it ends during non-busy hours). it's best to make your auctions finish during the busy hours, so you have to post around 7AM to 10AM. ppl have not figured it out so the demand for gold during busy hours is still high compared to supply. do it now before more people figure out what i have posted and it actually becomes TOO busy and harder to sell.

i don't know if they handle 1mill auction a little differently from 100mill auction, i am thinking possibly. maybe someone that actually sells a lot of 100mill auctions can chime in, it's certainly not me i know when i try to sell a ridiculous number of gems all at once (one big auction) on the gold AH, there is a greater chance they will not sell.
    Last edited by TanookiLover; 07-23-2012 at 06:50 PM.

chvlumb's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have sold 190million gold on the rmah to be exact. Three orders of 30 million, and one order of 100 million. All orders sold in less than 24 hours, I cant bot gold fast enough not sure what you're doing wrong lol. Just leave it on the ah because the demand for gold is greater than the supply it will sell. **** BLIZZ for taking 30% of the sale.

For instance I put 30million of gold on the ah this morning and before I got home from work it had sold, thats less than 12 hours total.

Nablamax's Avatar Master Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You should be thankfull, with Blizzard's fee the price of gold is 1.806$ per million. Remember 2 weeks ago the price of gold? Maybe there was a glitch today, I sold 35 mil in stacks of 5mil in less than 4 hours.

Fapel's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    its probably just a line for who put it up first

Mupa's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yea its definitely just a queue like system

Wasikpp's Avatar Knight-Lieutenant CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    10 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So how do you recommend to put golds on rmah? 10kk at once? 30kk at once? Whats possibly the best?

10kk sold for 25e is still 17.5e so basically 5e more than you can get by selling it off rmah

Tyranie909's Avatar Master Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I sold 1 billion gold on the RMAH last week lol. I used to only do quantities of 10mil at a time (100 mil total). Since then I have gone to higher increments to dump more gold. Never had any hit the end of the auction timer. Put 100 mil up last night and all sold by the morning. Are you in EU or US? I am in the US and gold seems to be selling well.

As far as how it sells, it seems to dump all the gold into a giant pool and then pull the gold from there. So if someone needs say 10mil, it might pull 6 mill from your 10mill and 4 from someone else. I have had sells pop up saying 6.5 mil sold when I only had 10mil+ amounts up. If you let it ride out the full timer you will usually sell it all. Often times it has been sold but is pending on their back end and won't update you till the very end.

If you don't like the RMAH wait, there are some very good gold buyers that use this webpage who are paying the same as the ah after fees and will pay instantly. I can vouch for 5 of them as they have purchased hundreds of thousands of gold from me and never had any issues.