Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

VMWare and Blizzard banning question: Different IP and MAC addresses

Serious question:
    I wrote my own Sarkoth macro (not autoIT, and does not interact with the game client), a simple mouse and keyboard macro.
    Its running perfectly for 2 weeks without ban.

I now want to use VMWare for running 2-3 identical Sarkoth macros.

So far I have used this macro for 1 account only.

NOW MY QUESTION:
    I want to avoid getting banned at all cost.
    There are 2 problems I see with my limited technical knowledge:

A) Blizzard detects 3 Diablo instances playing from the same IP
    B) Blizzard detects 3 Diablo instances coming from the same MAC address (=physical router address)

Please, is there a guide on how inside VMWare I can hide/change my IP address?
    And, is there a way I can hide/change inside VMWare my router's MAC address?

Thanks guys.

VMWare and Blizzard banning question: Different IP and MAC addresses
    08449's Avatar Contributor

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We do not know for sure, and we will never know because blizzard will not tell us, but it's a common thought that blizzard does NOT detect by IP because there are numerous reasons to have a lot of clients on 1 IP. College dorms, internet cafe's, big families etc.

You should not be worried about this tbh.

antrox's Avatar Sergeant Major
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I want to avoid getting banned at all cost.
    do not bot tho.... WHEN U BOT, U DONT CARE ABOUT UR ACCOUNT!!!!!!

furthermore, u can change the mac adress of ur network card. but the VM does it already.

the mac adress of your router does not matter. same with ip.
    Last edited by antrox; 06-30-2012 at 07:45 AM.

awp2004's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/4
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hmmm, it makes no sense not to try and change your ip. I dont beleive ip is totally overlooked. Suddenly 1 acc from 1 ip raises to 20? hmm. Okay, maybe they dont keep logs, but if u have 20 accs doing the same shit 18hrs pr day same quests etc, seriously, u dont think thats detectable?

Thanks G/R
    0/4
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would definately be interested in seeing how this can be done fairly easy

ssknight's Avatar Member CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you are trying to use multiple IPs to mask what you're doing, understand that VMWare isn't going to help you in this regard. If all of your clients (virtual or otherwise) rely upon the same WAN link to hit the cloud, the Blizzard is going to see each client request coming from the same IP address anyway. Information being sent to different clients behind a NAT'd IP address are all sent to the same IP, so unless you have different WAN connections, IP is not going to help you.

Thanks G/R
    0/4
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    its not possible to use a proxy?? Or is that only in browser?
    So what to do if you wanna run 10 accs on 1 IP. Just feeling kinda risky doing that

welbewoll's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i have not looked into the subject very thoroughly, but a quick search a few days ago did not yield any simple proxies for games, only your usual http, smtp, etc. proxies

ofc you could use vpns, this is made super easy with vms because you can just set up one vpn per vm and effectively give each one a dif public ip

doing that without vms is not so easy i think, i've also looked into that a few days ago and on windows there don't seem to be any tools around that would allow you to direct traffic to different vpns on a per-application basis (but i didn't really spend much time on that, decided to use vms instead)

Markn12's Avatar Master Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by ssknight View Post
    If you are trying to use multiple IPs to mask what you're doing, understand that VMWare isn't going to help you in this regard. If all of your clients (virtual or otherwise) rely upon the same WAN link to hit the cloud, the Blizzard is going to see each client request coming from the same IP address anyway. Information being sent to different clients behind a NAT'd IP address are all sent to the same IP, so unless you have different WAN connections, IP is not going to help you.
    While true blizzard doesn't ban by IP. If they did innocent people in dorms and apartments would be banned because a lot of them share the same IP with everyone who lives in the building. What people don't realize is blizzard gets your mac address when you're connected your modem, router, network card etc. VM does help in this regard as it creates its own network card and its own mac address so it gives the impression that its not all from the same PC.

Rakurai's Avatar Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Redirecting your traffic to a proxy server will mask the IP, but latency might be an issue. I would lean toward not worrying too much about that; lots of people connect from private networks and have the same IP. One thing you might do is to make sure your VMware is using a bridged connection, so that your router assigns each VM its own IP on your private network. I don't remember enough from networking class to say what this looks like to Blizzard, though.

As far as the mac address, an IP packet does not record the mac address of every device it passes through, the message only contains the mac that it originated from. VMware automatically assigns a unique mac address to each virtual network adaptor for each guest, so different VMs will have different macs.

marclh's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MAC addresses cannot be traced as they only are used on a local network basis. Blizzard's servers will only see their gateway's MAC address as the "source" address in the packet. The source and destination MAC addresses in the frame / packet are always stripped away and rewritten with the corresponding values. However the source IP section will still show your external IP unless used through a VPN or proxy set up for the specific ports.

TLDR: MAC address spoofing is only usable on a LOCAL network (LAN) and the only way for you is either a proxy for the needed ports or a VPN.

MacGregor's Avatar Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by welbewoll View Post
    i have not looked into the subject very thoroughly, but a quick search a few days ago did not yield any simple proxies for games, only your usual http, smtp, etc. proxies

ofc you could use vpns, this is made super easy with vms because you can just set up one vpn per vm and effectively give each one a dif public ip

doing that without vms is not so easy i think, i've also looked into that a few days ago and on windows there don't seem to be any tools around that would allow you to direct traffic to different vpns on a per-application basis (but i didn't really spend much time on that, decided to use vms instead)
    How do you proceed ? I mean using a VPN requires an endpoint elsewhere. Do you buy the services of a company ?