Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Prison Sentence for Mentally Ill Bot Coder?!

I THANK EVERYONE WHO GAVE THEIR SUPPORT TO ME WITHIN THE PAST 4 MONTHS.

Prison Sentence for Mentally Ill Bot Coder?!-btn_donatecc_lg-gif

The "Landgericht Hamburg" (where Honorbuddy lost their first battle, too) has threatened jailtime of up to 2.5 years if I should continue to code OR distribute the bot. I'm basically waiting for a raid now (not the fun kind we know from wow) so they can search my computer for evidnece or some lame reaon.

-I'm taking the project down for now
    -I'll post info about the case for those interested, I'll do so on blizzkrieg.net, blizzkrieg.net/help and maybe here too. im amazed as to how far a company is able to go when it comes to pursuing a single acutely ****ing psychotic daddy who has neutiher done any financiel damafe thta cvould be proven nor gained any financial advantafe through their shitty monotonous game.
    -If I do not report back either my pc has been taken, im undergoing psychiatric treatment or im imprisoned.

things look pretty grim. i really enjoyed this project and was looking forward to a career in coding, since with this disease becoming a doctor is not an option anymore. itd be morally wrong to do so even if the legal barrier can easily be bypassed. i wouldnt be the first to feel forced to do so. no idea where life is heading now. i cant even pay for my lawyer now, all the money i earnt went into that already.

The new release wouldve been wonderful. less than 100ms time (including communication with the db server) for a full item ocr. it analyses so quickly now that i cant even see the popup appearing LOL! was thinking the ocr was broken, until i realized restructuring 20k lines of code really seems to be helping (applying the knowledge ive accumulated over the past 4 months after beginning to code).

i cannot even present a full bugfree release to get something in terms of reference for future employers. thanks so much germany and grats to gaining another enemy. keep feeding the line of resistance...

oh right i also owe blizzard 50.000 euros if i interpret this correctly. i havent even read through that text, wasnt able to sleep for 68h before i caught the last 4h of sleep. im a bit overwhelmed still. i quit studying without having a grasp of why i am doing so, then i realize im not just eccentric/neurotic, but suffering of bipolar 1 (ive been saying so for over a year, but not realizing the full extent), i find a new suitable career i can execute from home, i slip n and out of sanity, ruin all my friendships (the longest and closest one of which lasted 18 years), i lock myself up, stop eating, stop sleeping, even stop wanking lol (tmi i know). all i know is securing a future for my daughter and being able to pay for rent and food. my eyeballs are of a deep yellow color under the eyelids now, feel infected. my skin has been changing, ive acquired numerous infections with mold because of malnutrition and the damage this does to the immune system, along with the lack of sleep. whatever things are gonna be fine

I also think it is time to place a donation button. As you all know I've rejected every single donation sicne the start, despite some pretty stunning offers. Oh, speaking of...

I THANK EVERYONE WHO GAVE THEIR SUPPORT TO ME WITHIN THE PAST 4 MONTHS.

Despite everything, I've had a great time and I am really grateful for the amazing feedback I got from the users. This gave me an enormous amount of trust into my cognitive potential that wasnt there before. I tried my best to add to the community, everyone whos talked to me knows im not about money and would have always preferred to keep this bot entirely free. please dont delete this thread. im begging you. if the donation button is not welcome, ill take it off immediately. dont expect much from it anyway. if the thread is not receiving replies thats a different story, but i think people could benefit of seeing the dangers behind what we are all messing with to some extent. i also need some closure on this and maybe find some support/share experiences.

Haha btw ownedcore screenshots in threr too. ("hacking site" lol!)

<3 you guys, thanks again for the good time, especially during the first month when the project was limited to ownedcore!

Prison Sentence for Mentally Ill Bot Coder?!-btn_donatecc_lg-gif
    Last edited by seafunk; 10-25-2012 at 05:47 AM.

Prison Sentence for Mentally Ill Bot Coder?!
    Winsane's Avatar Contributor (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡ɹǝɥɔʇɐM
    Thanks G/R
    3/3
    Trade Feedback
    12 (42%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Burry your harddrives in the woods before they come

Good luck!

Remus3's Avatar Hobby 3D Character Artist Ex-Super Mod CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    3/7
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    good luck in life mate.

Think before you post. You can only get smarter by playing a smarter opponent.

xxsamxx86's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    28/2
    Trade Feedback
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Goodluck! As for ruining friendships if they are true friends they will still be there for you no matter what

KnasaN's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good luck with this, hope you make it!

seafunk's Avatar Knight
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow these are some quick replies. Thanks a lot. Just got off the phone with the sociopsychiatric gouvernment services and am gonna talk to my lawyer tat 8pm. Cant believe the force with which this has been crushing down on me.

But on a more lighthearted side note... I've always criticized bot producers for claiming lack of detectability. Well this would be a valid reference if anyone should ask "how safe" blizzkrieg was:

EDITED OUT DUE TO FRIENDLY REQUEST

@C.R.
    btw C. (Mr. R. if you so prefer), why not start posting here yourself? A lot of damage could probably be prevented that way. A timely post when I first started making an exe of this would've been very helpful. I could've probably prevented myself from quitting to study that way. Not sure if I would have, but having "the pack" contact me on the day of release of the first paid version came as a surprise. I wonder what it is about that.

Anyway, thanks for helping me to ruin my life as efficiently as possible. My 3-year old daughter would also like to issue her appreciation. She's looking forward to living in poverty and potentially without a dad. You've been great, thank you!
    Btw I really wonder if there are moments where you have felt that the damage caused by such undertakings might not be worth preventing the claimed damage that Blizzard experiences from my whopping 60 user strong user base.

Oh btw, it is not a botnet and I never decided to get a battle.net account. I was forced to in order to play the free copy of WoW I received. Suffering a pneumonia and 40°C fever I had no energy to read through the EULA that day. that day which I still curse to this day.
    Last edited by seafunk; 10-24-2012 at 05:59 AM.

seafunk's Avatar Knight
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    talked to the lawyers. theyve done a good job to calm me. im amazed by their service so far. not sure how competent theyll prove to be when this goes into the next stage, but they assured me of not kicking me as a client which i was afraid of with the mental status and all. people dont react very well to an acutely manic loser who considers himself supersmart and forgets to breathe between sentences, most of which arent even coherent.

what do you guys think should be the limit of where this can go? in all honesty, what form of botting do you consider a legit consumer right and which do you consider morally wrong or unfair towards the manual players? (lol he said manual play)

Dark_Mage-'s Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Calm down, bro. It's not as bad as it seems. You aren't going to jail, and you most likely won't have to pay anything, or very little at least. I've had similar troubles, and I know a lot of people (particularly the ones in GER that recently received notices as well) that have gone through the same thing. If you feel like you need to chat about it to calm yourself, come here: Mibbit IRC client widget

makaveli10a's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Holyshit mate, thats some heavy stuff, i wish you the best of luck!

And i am unsure about germanys laws in this matter, but i am sure prison sentences are abit to far streched for writting a bot.

CellPunk's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even though I'm a lowly lurker, I feel compelled to post. I wish there was something I could do. I'm going to scrounge to see if I have any money left in my gold selling PayPal accounts, because this is absolutely ridiculous. Considering you made little, if any, profit off of your bot it is pitiful for Blizzard to pursue you with such vigor. The fact that it was too hard for Blizzard to detect says nothing about your threat to their company, but rather the company themselves. It's ludicrous that they have to dump their inadequacies and failures on to those who are just doing this type of thing for pure entertainment value. I code as a hobby since it's one of the only things I really enjoy anymore, and to think Blizzard would do all of this to one person just because you utilized flaws in their game to make a more challenging application is abhorrent to say the least.

I'm so sorry to hear about this, and I deeply hope things will work out. My German may be a bit rusty, but hey. Viel Glück mein Freund.

kakjeens's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just had to register the give my opinion on the situation.
    You can create all kind of software etc - you shouldn't and couldn't be held responsible as it's the user that actually chooses to use it on Blizzard product. There's no way Blizzard can win this in a legal way. Except if they link software usage to your bnet account - then they can own you and i guess you would be the first cheater that blizz sues. They can't charge you for creating a bot software.

wootpeng's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    6 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Blizzard has never filed a lawsuit without sending a Cease and Desist first. So I am assuming you were sent one and chose to ignore it (or sell your bot "privately"). In which case this is your own fault. If this is not the case feel free to correct me.

wootpeng's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    6 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by kakjeens View Post
    I just had to register the give my opinion on the situation.
    You can create all kind of software etc - you shouldn't and couldn't be held responsible as it's the user that actually chooses to use it on Blizzard product. There's no way Blizzard can win this in a legal way. Except if they link software usage to your bnet account - then they can own you and i guess you would be the first cheater that blizz sues. They can't charge you for creating a bot software.
    MDY Industries, LLC v. Blizzard Entertainment, Inc.
    Blizzard v. HonorBuddy (not concluded yet)
    Blizzard v. DemonBuddy (not concluded yet)

seafunk's Avatar Knight
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by wootpeng View Post
    Blizzard has never filed a lawsuit without sending a Cease and Desist first. So I am assuming you were sent one and chose to ignore it (or sell your bot "privately"). In which case this is your own fault. If this is not the case feel free to correct me.
    Fault? Am I saying I regret ANYTHING?! You will see this maniac fight till his dick falls off. After 28 years I have found something I love to do (coding) and also something that can be done while experiencing psychotic breaks (though with decreased performance). interested ? delegate{readTheFullStory} : delegate{acceptMyAppreciationForYourConcern}

@DarkMage
    You are right. I am severely manic as of now, sleeping every other or every third night. I am cognitively and emotionally hyperaroused lol. Thanks a lot though. A talk to the lawyers yielded the same conclusion and we are gonna fight for our right to write. If only the beastie boys had my wittiness. ^^

@CellPunk
    Before turning from eccentric to batshit coooraaayyyzeee in may I was a lowly leecher. I guess that says a lot about active forum members. J/k
    I really appreciate your concern, man. I'm not just saying this as a formality, but this is the kind of shit that keeps me going on.

@kakjeens
    It would seem that way yes. Try telling the judge. He seems convinced otherwise. The court order was "a bit over-the-top" if you ask me... If a company comes asking for a court order after having known about my bot FOR FOUR MONTHS (!!) then this surely couldn't be a case of such urgency that it does not allow for a verbal defense of the accused, could it?!
    Especially when there is a severely mentally ill father behind this project, who has been building up his hopes to have found a career choice after his illness had ruined the family plans/relationship this daughters mom (she's also very short tempered, in treatment now, it must've been painful to watch. TV, computer, cell phone, apartment door all broke in a single fight when the daughter wasn't present. Get along very well and support one another now), had caused him to give up his job as a physiotherapist spontaneously, then later and more directly ****ed his very promising career as a physiologist/doctor and has forced him, who was once extremely social and outgoing (in a less obnoxious way) to spend his days in complete social isolation with only his daughteras a constant companion. It's bordering on mysterious how she keeps me sane when I'm with her, trying so hard to be the best dad I can be, so I will never have to live with the guilt of not having done so.
    My whole family is suffering, not just my daughter and me. The lawsuit has taken my mania to a whole new dimension. It seemed more like a delirium than a psychosis on one very memorable occasion that occured very recently. I do not know enough about the disease to claim it would have taken a more benevolent course without this massive stress, but I'd like to think so.

I really don't wanna seem too whiney here, but I find it important for people to get to know the merciless nature of today's interpretation of law and justice. I've gotten caught up in a legal shitstorm that is shattering my life to pieces. It all just seems extremely unjust, unfair, unpersonal and cold. Mabye I'm just a anti-authoritarian raised, late-prubescent Peter Pan type who doesn't-want-to-listen-doesn't-want-to-abide. Maybe...

Many people have told me they kept playing the game thanks to my bot. This was huge to me, I felt wonderful. Loved the attention, loved the love I got here (on ownedcore AND on blizzkrieg.net, we have some very very supportive members. E.g. Mikal transferred 100usd to me within the blink of an eye after hearing of the lawsuit). Blizzard's decision seems so erratic to me that for a moment I had to exclude there'd be any legal consequences for him if I openly mention that lol!

I have not received ONE, not a single hate-mail. None at all. I know a few gamers in real-life and most of them don't bot because they're scared of a ban. Let's admit it though: Who wants to ****ing browse an auction house, which filter functionality will give you a stomach ulcer after two hours max?! I've been checking out the battle.net forums and NOONE is defending this huge pile of dog shit Blizzard's game designers and coders pumped out. I don't know if it is/was due to technical difficulties, incompetent coders, incompetent designers, or just plain fitting into Blizzard's agenda to keep people glued to their pc as long as possible.

To me this seems to be the main goal behind both WoW and Diablo III, the only Blizzard games I've really played are. Well of course, those are franchises, naturally they aim for popularity some will say. But popularity can have various reasons. I'm no sociologist or psychologist (I'd assume Blizzard employs those), I don't want to draw any comparisons here either (that's absurd), but Adolf Hitler and Crystal Meth are also very popular or have been at a certain period in history. Popularity or success to me does not correlate with moral value or extraordinary care for your customers. Imho this is exactly what we can observe in Blizzard games too (the ones I have named anyway)...

It's always seemed to me as if this company (here referred to as a conscious entity which companies are NOT) had felt the need to control every step their users make and often enough they stepped in to apply changes that noone asked for or felt very happy about. It seems there are underlying ambitions to control every aspect surrounding their games. If anything doesn't go as planned, change it, whether the users enjoy this unplanned discourse.
    OMG a team of hardcore gamer buddies found a way to level in less than 7 days /played, we need to intercept this madness IMMEDIATELY, switch off the servers and ring the alarm. We are being conquered, quickly just do something, ANYTHING!! You get the idea and I'm sure you have noticed this sort of phenomenom yourself if you've been following wow as religiously as I have for 2 years. God am I glad this is over. I have reached a state of dissatisfaction that I've called up customer service and BEGGED them to shut down my bnet account. No luck, I'll have to write to France, via Telefax or letter. What? It only took five clicks to seal the contract!

Also, all the games are extremely appealing to neurotics and other people who struggle on some level. They seem to go far beyond "family entertainment". This in itself has been quite scary. Ever seen that kid flip out on youtube when his brother deleted his wow account?!
    I have met one woman of advanced age, who was losing her husband to a Glioblastoma. She was caring for him 24/7 and turned to the game in order to find a social niche. She succeeded, it was a shining example of what online games can do. It really made me reconsider a lot of the things I had been assuming about the games. Unfortunately, blizzard games have NOT taking any course whatsoever to support this sort of cooperative, social, communicative type of play style.
    We can now group with 24 other random social failures (please don't feel offended here, I hope you know what I am referring to and agree) who will after 20mins either leave without a word being exchanged, try to whisper to each other who needs a ban, try to steal the rewards, shout caps at their companions on how many levels everyone in there fails or simply spill their tears in mourning over the lost hours, where they could've GAINED SO MUCH.

Why is it that everyone wants to improve to the next level, the next piece of gear, the next raid boss, the next whatever and why do people talk of being "patient" or "dedicated" or call themselves "serious" gamers who miss out on so much life that's happening outside the game? Don't get me wrong, but I've been sick of life many times. The world out there can be stone cold and cruel to some of us. You might just be born hideous and... zim-zala-bim! Your life will be a lot less fun. There's tons of reasons why people don't wanna partake in the ****ing excessive party-going, getting wasted, f***ing s***infg teenager bullshit, I get that. I have always had mixed feelings about what society deems proper good fun, too, even without hideousness (or so i claim lol).

But why oh why, do we want to "better ourselves" and earn "higher ranks" in a game, that is monotonous as hell, meditative even, you could play most these games zonked out on barabiturates lol (unless it's endgame stuff I guess, I can see the fun and challenge in that to some degree). It's all fine and good, but the sheer amount of time overall that is spent in these game environments is insane. Tower Defense Games are challenging too. Well they don't offer teamplay I guess, but I'm not denying this is amazingly fun at times, esthetically attractive (even wow imho), or telling a dense well crafted story. It's what's going on around it that feels to me like I am being raped.

E.g. everyone was talking about how "endgame" is so great and I didn't even know what it was. When I hit that and still the fun didn't really increase towards the level of the initial two weeks, I should've asked myself why I'm going on with this.

I've met an unbelievable amount of people with schizoid personalities, Asperger's syndrome, anankastic personalities, full blown OCD and a many that I can only describe as severely antisocial.

It seems that, while the overall quality and potential is imho still unquestionably the best among all the games out there, every single element in these games is designed to get people with these personality flaws or just generally people who struggle socially hooked until you can't tell their skin tone from the color of the clouds they never see anymore.

Please don't feel as if I am directing this towards you, because I am fully aware of the many emotionally stable players there are! I myself... no wait bad example... anyway uhm I myself have seen the power these "types" games have on people and imho there should be restrictions to their game design. I think this is something we would all appreciate a game that doesn't have us walking through the desert with NumLock for what feels like an hour or spend 50h clicking a red dot in the water to be able to partake in a weekly fishing event or something along those lines. That's enough time to travel around the world by jet, write a short story, meet someone and fall in love, slaughter a goat, wait, well... again: you get the idea. Just so much human potential lost.

Now D3 has brought this to a new level. Why is there no communication??? Why are chat channels dead? Why isn't it an element of the game? And hy the hell do you desribe the principle of the game as a mix of roleplaying and action in your reasoning on why I should not be able to code BLIZZKRIEG?! This is a bold LIE, nothing else. It's a monotonous clickfest for anankastic perfectionists. The first time it IS a lot of fun. I loved the atmosphere. I loved to the sound of those zombies splitting in two when meeting their master (my blade), the rattling of bones from another dozen skeletons laid to rest, the crackling of electric blots and the butcher commenting my presence FRESH MEAT just like back in the olden days when your game concept was fresh and tons of fun.

Just - Please be that kind of fresh again and noone will even think of botting. Why would anyone ever NOT want to play a GAME??? And despite what you claimed in your letter, my bot has never been superior to manual play. The top earners still make up to 2k per week on the auction house with only their hands and eyes as tools. I haven't met a single user who has made that much with Blizzkrieg.

And Clint... Stop complaining about how our forum is "registered users only". You're really NOT the one to talk when it comes to that...^^ While I still haven't found your account (haven't bothered) you can be 100% sure that once this project is back in business there will be a huge disclaimer "BLIZZARD EMPLOYEES NOT WELCOME". Until then... Since there is NO other way of getting in touch with anyone from Blizzard even KNOWING of the lawsuit (in fact, even two of the outstanding telephone customer service employees you have hired have sincerely expressed their deepst sympathy), I will just say it here:

See you in court m***********s!!! You ought to be ashame of your business, it's the business of systematically ruining lives with a digital substance-of-abuse replacement and you know it. And btw ownedcore is no "hacking site", this is where the gamers with a life hang out!
    Last edited by seafunk; 10-20-2012 at 04:21 PM.

Dark_Mage-'s Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by wootpeng View Post
    Usually they do send some form of C&D first, but there are some instances (usually when they are trying to fish-net a bunch of people) where they may have sent out a C&D to a file host that wasn't related to the actual coder or something. More recently, though, actual developers are seeing injunctions with a "cease or you will be fined up to XX ($250k) with jailtime of up to XX years" clause. Not too long ago they were being really sloppy about all of it -- somewhat straightening up during SC2, but for example, they hire a third-party company like BayTSP to crawl the Internet for all instances of (example) XYZ_Maphack.zip hosted, and then proceed to send out loose C&Ds (that are filled with ez workarounds and holes for counter-claims) to all hosting parties. So, for example, they may have sent OC a C&D that OC didn't inform OP of. Furthermore, they have certainly filed complaints on non-profit projects and non-profit hackers. In such cases where it may be Battle.net emulation that they are filing a complaint on, they will likely pursue it to the end, but if it's a maphack or something of that nature, they will usually back off if you stop producing public work. For those types of hacks, they will attempt to use their ToS/EULA that you agreed to as evidence that you have committed: breach of contract and intentional interference with contractual relations (enabling others via your public hack). Also, they will attempt to skew and stretch the gray area of undefined technical terms to say you committed some forms of: copyright infringement, vicarious copyright infringement, contributory copyright infringement (maybe for hosting, etc.), and inducement to infringe copyrights (enabling others again). The goal here is to scare you into quitting or running you through the mud until you do. At the point where they have used means available to uncover your actual identity, and depending on your location and other variables, it is most likely a good idea to at least appear to be in compliance with their requests. If you HAVE been profiting from your work (and their work), you will most likely need to hand over your profits and hope they don't try to say you interfered with online play so much that you caused them damages.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast