RuffBot - Farms arreat core no memory editing (and best of all with SOURCE CODE) menu

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    ruffscruff's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RuffBot - Farms arreat core no memory editing (and best of all with SOURCE CODE)

I work as a software engineer so I was intrigued upon learning about the botting community. I started working on a private bot using AutoIt last Saturday and I got working extremely well last Tuesday. I ran it for 2 days straight for stress testing and I got ban hammered by Blizzard today. Being greedy hurts but I had fun coding it. Anyhow, I don't want my code to go to waste so I am sharing it to this community. I will try to answer questions about my code but I can't support all of them completely as I have moved on from this game - I am not buying another license.

Credits to Unknowned (here in Ownedcore) and for having such an awesome API that I used as a baseline for my code. I edited some of it to remove the memory writes and rely purely on mouse clicks. Also, I used Pillpher's code (in Blizzhackers) to implement the tooltip - credits to you as well. Also, I got this idea from using Swarn's bot (after watching it for a few rounds, I understood its logic so I decided to reverse engineer it). I also shamelessly grabbed contributor's code from various people in this forum. I can't name you all but you know who you are if you look at my code - thanks to you all!!

Use this bot at your own risk. I made 350k GPH doing arreat core and if anyone is interested, I can also share my logic (which I was going to implement before I got banned) for pathing the "random generated" Rakkis crossing bridge. This bridge offers a potential 500k gph so I wanted that to be my next project.

With that said, Ruffbot is attached to this post. Happy Botting people!!!!

DISCLAIMER: this is an alpha version of my farming bot. It contains various
    random bugs and unexepected random behavior. I have documented the ones that
    I am aware of.This bot only works on 800 x 600 resolution to save on computer
    resources and allows you to run the bot in several virtual machines running
    Diablo 3. Also this only works for Demon Hunters (and maybe Wizards and Witch Doctors) right now.

################################################################################
    # Features
    ################################################################################
    * Automatically detects whether you are in the menu and starts the game for you
    * Goes through Arreat core and teleports to town afterwards
    * Attacks enemies only when they are encountered
    * Uses hatred dump skill to attack enemies if hatred is available otherwise it uses hatred generation skill
    * Spams first two abilities (Spells 1 and 2) every few seconds
    * Uses Spell 3 at the begining of run
    * Uses Spell 4 every 120 seconds
    * Automatically finds chests and loots them
    * Automatically loots gold around you
    * Automatically repairs items in town if they are needed to be repaired
    * Sleeps a random amount of milliseconds while in the menu to combat D3's game limit reached
    * Contains a mini console log that shows you random run statistics and game events

# Setup Steps

1. Backup your My Documents\Diablo III\D3Prefs.txt file. This will save your existing video settings.
    2. Replace My Documents\Diablo III\D3Prefs.txt with the included D3Prefs_ruffbot.txt. This will convert
    your video to 800 x 600 with baseline graphics settings (no antialiasing, no effects, no shadows) .
    3. Rename My Documents\Diablo III\D3Prefs_ruffbot.txt to My Documents\Diablo III\D3Prefs.txt
    4. Open Diablo 3 and bind the Move command to "Middle". (Edit the Move command then click the Middle mouse button!).
    5. Start the Heart of the Sin > Kill Azmodan quest and trigger checkpoint right in front of Azmodan's lair
    6. Set up your skills as follows:

Left Click: Any Hatred Generation skill (I use Hungering Arrow > Puncturing Arrow)
    Right Click: Any Hatred Dump skill (I use Multishot > Fire at Will)

Skill 1: Any Spammable skill (I use Preparation > Punishment to keep Hatred Up)
    Skill 2: Any Spammable skill (I use Rain of Vengeance > Dark Cloud for Massive AOE)
    Skill 3: Any Active Self Buff (I use Companion > Ferrets, + 10% gold find? yes please!!!)
    Skill 4: Chakram > Shuriken cloud (right now it's hard coded to spam this spell every 120 seconds also it provides
    some enemy pain while moving around to loot gold and chests, phasebeast blinks right next to you = dead)

Passive 1: Vengeance (you can choose not to use this but right now I have hard coded 150 to be the Hatred total amount,
    so there could be some minor issues with the logic on using hatred dump skill or hatred generation skill if
    you don't use Vengeance. Also it keeps your Hatred up most of the time)
    Passive 2: Anything (I use Archery)
    Passive 3: Anything (I use Steady Aim)

7. Exit to menu.

# User Guide

1. Either go to the Main Menu with the Resume Game or click the Resume Game and chill out in the checkpoint zone.
    2. Run ruffbot.au3 (need Auto It installed)
    Here are the hotkeys I programmed:

Home: To toggle Start/Pause the bot.
    End: To stop the bot.

### Debugging hotkeys (don't press them while bot is running) :
    ### Delete: Generates a dump of all objects around you plus some random files
    ### PageUp: Loot chests around you.
    ### Insert: Generates a new waypoint file based on how you move. Press Insert again to stop generating the waypoint file

3. Start the bot by pressing the Home key either on the Menu screen (with Resume game) or in Arreat Core near the checkpoint.
    4. That's it! Press the End key to stop the bot or the Home key again to pause the bot.

# Known Bugs
    Symptoms: Sometimes after user presses End (to Quit the bot) character keeps moving on the Diablo screen.
    Cause: The middle mouse button is bound as the move key in the bot.
    Fix: Press the middle mouse button in the game.

Symptoms: Program won't quit after pressing End
    Cause: Unknown!
    Fix: Use Ctrl + Alt + Escape to open Task Manager, then kill the Autoit Process
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by ruffscruff; 08-17-2012 at 08:23 PM.

RuffBot - Farms arreat core no memory editing (and best of all with SOURCE CODE)
    bannedcore's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for sharing your script. Like you, I was banned in this last wave as well.

After getting so far in the game, I felt like I needed to bot to get enough gold to get the 'next tier' gear; but, alas, I was burnt. However, now the botting almost seems like more fun or maybe more interesting.

awp2004's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/4
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was 99% sure rakkis crossing was not random generated.

I was just looking through some of the code, first to see a function called "memorywrite." I will look further when I come back, but are you sure this is not using memory. I think it would be VERY hard to recognize moba, chests corpses etc. with pixel searching LOL

Ironmonks's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "I ran it for 2 days straight for stress testing and I got ban hammered by Blizzard today."

This is exactly what happened to me. Two days straight and banned. I used my own custom made autoit core bot with NO memory read or write.

I think they did something to check core runs?

Thanks G/R
    0/4
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    how do you recognize mobs and chest ironmonks? I think its not that efficient if you dont read memory.

24hrs straight or more is gonna get you banned at some point. Still I wonder how some ppl could run 24/7 for a month+ without gettin banned. Blizzard = dice rollers lol

Ironmonks's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It ignores all chests and some mobs it will miss. Instead, I go for max speed. The gold find isn't as good vs memory read but I'm more comfortable with it.

I only started core post input limit, before I bot 24/7 sarkoth. Most who continue to bot sarkoth seems to be safe.

They are watching core runs for some reason.

treksis's Avatar Member CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for great work on autoit, I learned very basics of java for programming, I don't know what is 0xc3 thing means (
    (do you need to update files like 'rakkis locators.txt' every time blizzard patch?)

and I do not understand this line in readme

4. Open Diablo 3 and bind the Move command to "Middle". (Edit the Move command then click the Middle mouse button!).
    When i run the ruffbot, the mouse doesnot click left button for some reason how to fix it?
    Last edited by treksis; 08-18-2012 at 09:08 PM.

aeonwalker's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the post. Interesting to see a more advanced bot compared to my imagesearching one.

aeonwalker's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by awp2004 View Post
    I was 99% sure rakkis crossing was not random generated.

I was just looking through some of the code, first to see a function called "memorywrite." I will look further when I come back, but are you sure this is not using memory. I think it would be VERY hard to recognize moba, chests corpses etc. with pixel searching LOL
    Rakkis' map isn't random but the things that spawn are random so I guess that can effect the bot somehow. In regards to the code, I didn't see any memorywrite functions but only memoryopen and read unless I'm overlooking something.

voidlife's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes, he reiterates, no memory writes, that's how it should be.
    we need a new development team to make some awesome bot..

zdud's Avatar Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After spending the last 4 days trying to create a pathing algorithm, I find out that arreat core is not random.

I knew I should have checked. damn..
    it's nice that you provided the waypoints

voidlife's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^^ dude, exactly I was also thinking of developing a pathing algorithm...!! you could do random areas... which would be epic

here is my idea...
    get the available map from memory, break it into squares, and traverse all squares, while traverse kill monsters..
    and do stuff like edge detection, there is already something here... construct the map into a tree for traverse..
    GDIP.au3 - Page 2 - Example Scripts - AutoIt Forums

Thanks G/R
    0/4
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Isnt memory reading detected by warden aswell?

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well to be honest, it's pretty easy to flag folks based on just hours played over a time frame and the change in gold. I am surprised they didn't do this earlier so it did not drive people to bot just to just progress or to get better items. But yeah, the only way I can think to combat this is to not be greedy and just bot maybe half the time :/

Originally Posted by Ironmonks View Post
    "I ran it for 2 days straight for stress testing and I got ban hammered by Blizzard today."

This is exactly what happened to me. Two days straight and banned. I used my own custom made autoit core bot with NO memory read or write.

I think they did something to check core runs?

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by voidlife View Post
    ^^ dude, exactly I was also thinking of developing a pathing algorithm...!! you could do random areas... which would be epic

here is my idea...
    get the available map from memory, break it into squares, and traverse all squares, while traverse kill monsters..
    and do stuff like edge detection, there is already something here... construct the map into a tree for traverse..
    GDIP.au3 - Page 2 - Example Scripts - AutoIt Forums
    If someone could release a useable api for edge detection that would make the next generation of bots . Yes, your idea is pretty much in line with my thoughts. Chunk the map into regions (it seems like d3 uses 200x200 world coordinates as their region just based on my observations). then generate a waypoint for pathing that region. If there is a reliable edge detection algorithm, then this pathing can be then done dynamically at runtime (which will translate to some micropauses) everytime a user enters a new region.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast