Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is 100% finished, even though a lot more features incoming EHP, Merc comparing many things and just MAYBE we are going to look into pulling your stats from Diablo so you don't even need to enter them yourself (your web tool cant do that).

If your scared of getting a virus maybe you shouldn't be on the net at all, just because its web based doesn't mean you cant get a virus from it, if you don't know what your talking about please don't comment, we worked hard on this tool studied a lot of formulas to determine damage, for your to come and say what your saying is insulting not helpful and frankly i think your just jealous because you can't do it.
    Last edited by Doondoons; 07-05-2012 at 05:43 PM.

masterick's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    its safe? i mean, the app do something with the client and blizzard can ban me?

qu9ke's Avatar Master Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Doondoons, I sent you an email showing my stats and my xml file.

smutmonger's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    just wanted to say thanks for this cool app. I enjoy it and it's a little easier to use than the spreadsheet I was using before. ...and hopefully my computer won't get herpies

-cheers

thebold's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by antrox View Post
    its 100% finished online tool without virus and stuff tho
    Antrox: Well there will always be those in the world who prefer a web interface over a downloadable file for sure, the only reason I started coding it was because of the fact I had no ability to save statistics on-line, no one would write a save function for my local machine and even then there would be no program that yet existed to read the data into a application. Yes my App is far from complete with Mercs/EHP but I am 1 guy coding all on my own in a dark room so I do what I can

Originally Posted by masterick View Post
    its safe? i mean, the app do something with the client and blizzard can ban me?
    Masterick: No the program does not access any files on your system or scan your memory, re someone post earlier about memory scanning I am considering in the near future building a c# memory scanner to scan the properties from the game, the big question is, does the game actually store the base damage number to the decimal. This is what will allow a calculator to 100% match the in game statistics and not be off by a 1% margin sometimes. But if I did make something like that it would be stand alone and create XML files that a user could then later import into my App (giving the user the control over whether he/she uses it.

Anyway I have a new release in a day or 2 have been updating allot of things, if anyone has any bugs/request features please let us know and will see what we can do have.

@smutmonger: your welcome.
    Last edited by thebold; 07-06-2012 at 04:55 AM.

Doondoons's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by qu9ke View Post
    Doondoons, I sent you an email showing my stats and my xml file.
    Hey, thanks a lot for your input! this helped us greatly.

Firstly, you had entered some details wrong... where it says 500 - 600 damage for example then further down says 100 - 200 cold damage, this figure is already included into the 500 - 600, so you would only enter this rather than adding them together.

Secondly there was a typo on our part for crossbows which made the AS slightly wrong.

A new build will be released very very shortly with this AS fix + many many other nice goodies.

Thanks for your input.

thebold's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stay A While and Listen – Version 0.0.3 Available

UPDATE 06/07/2012

Hey Everyone

I have been working with my friend Doondoons on our calculator these last couple of days and have enhanced many aspects of the UI, calculator and of course the odd bug fix based on user feedback (it has meant allot to us! Thanks to you guys).

The program is available for download from MediaFire: SWL. 0.0.3.air
    You do need Adobe Air to run this file: http://get.adobe.com/air/

Enjoy

//Things achieved in this build
    Primary Stat windows show item calculations.
    UI Improvements
    Display character totals.
    Code clean up (for my sake lol)
    Changed the popup panels and display titles a bit and made them moveable.
    Added a reset button (Woooho)
    Fixed bug with Char Skill levels (people could add to many levels :P )

And lots of other things….
    Last edited by thebold; 07-06-2012 at 02:11 PM.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Doondoons View Post
    Hey, thanks a lot for your input! this helped us greatly.

Firstly, you had entered some details wrong... where it says 500 - 600 damage for example then further down says 100 - 200 cold damage, this figure is already included into the 500 - 600, so you would only enter this rather than adding them together.

Secondly there was a typo on our part for crossbows which made the AS slightly wrong.

A new build will be released very very shortly with this AS fix + many many other nice goodies.

Thanks for your input.

EDIT: Nevermind I got it covered. My dps is still around 10k bigger than it should though, but I assume that is because of the attack speed problem.
    Last edited by qu9ke; 07-06-2012 at 04:05 PM.

seafunk's Avatar Knight
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by FallingReign View Post
    Nice little program, I was toying with the idea of something similar in c++ that would automatically add the equipped items for you. It would also display an overlay in game of a comparable item when pressing a hotkey. Who knows if I'll ever complete it..

Anyway, the real point of this reply is to mention an additional feature you might consider. For example you compare an AH item that is better than your equipped item. In most circumstances you would purchase the new item. I would recommend creating an import button to add the "compared item" to your characters equipped items. At the moment you need to add the item manually, being able to copy the stats to the appropriate equipped slot would be a real time saver.
    If you made this change I think I would switch to this rather than use my beefy excel sheet.

Best of luck with it.. By the way nice work with the graphics.
    im working on something like that as well. scrolls through the ah at a very relaxed speed and analyzes items, then looks at price, relates price to stats weight and gets gear upgrades or recommends them at least. could be a full-on bot or just a buying guide with user presence necessary. could include stats weights for gf and mf etc as well... i love the idea, been talking about it and already got started writing a little.

oh and thanks for this +REP!

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    EDIT: Nevermind I got it covered. My dps is still around 10k bigger than it should though, but I assume that is because of the attack speed problem.
    Yea, if you download the newest file that has all been fixed up nicely plus i think you will like a lot of the new design and feature changes we have made

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The dps seems accurate now. Thank you ! I am wondering one thing though... How do you work the compare feature? I don't even know where to begin with that one.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The dps seems accurate now. Thank you ! I am wondering one thing though... How do you work the compare feature? I don't even know where to begin with that one.
    I'm glad the main part of the tool is working for you now

As for how to use the compare feature, the drop down box you see... select the slot the item would go into for arguments sake lets say its a glove, so select item then select gloves, once you have done this click the '?' which will bring up a window to enter the stats, once you have done that click 'Show Diff' and you have a nice reading telling you how much dps you will gain or loose

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by Doondoons; 07-06-2012 at 06:58 PM.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Doondoons View Post
    I'm glad the main part of the tool is working for you now

As for how to use the compare feature, the drop down box you see... select the slot the item would go into for arguments sake lets say its a glove, so select item then select gloves, once you have done this click the '?' which will bring up a window to enter the stats, once you have done that click 'Show Diff' and you have a nice reading telling you how much dps you will gain or loose

Hope this helps.
    It did help . I didn't even know you could click on the '?' in the box. I thought that was just there for show. That was the only thing I was missing.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ALSO!
    Please for the love of God tell me you are working on adding the steady aim and sharpshooter passives ! I sure hope so. It would be divine if you could also make it so that if you do add those passives, it gives you more detailed output as well as more detailed comparisons if you were to use the compare feature. An example being something like after putting in the data, it gives you what your dps would be without sharpshooter along with one with it. Of course the dps would differ also depending on whether or not you have steady aim on.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast