Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Newbie needs help: making simple bot to sell gear from mf runs!

Hi, I'd like to make a bot that automates the tedious process of having to sort through the shit i find during mf runs and tells me which items should be kept/salvaged. I majored in CS and am proficient in C, Java, and can probably pick up any other language pretty fast as well.

Could someone point me towards the right direction or offer any tips? I looked into AutoIT and it seems like that is the most popular way to write bots?

The things I'm interested in doing are:

- set filters in AH for common stats I find in my mf runs (i.e. primary stat/vit, mf, gf, etc.)
    - click the search button
    - sort in ascending order by gold
    - read how much the cheapest sells for
    - if greater than some amount, write name of item and cheapest price to an output file I can look at later to decide which items should be kept or salvaged
    - salvage all items in my inventory

I'm looking to keep the bot as safe as possible from the warden. Every time I run this bot, it would search about maybe 20 different items total. It will never buy an item, all it will do is read and output the cheapest gold price so I know if the item is worth keeping or not. I'd guess it would finish within 10-20min with random delays, since this is how long it usually takes me to look through all the gear I've found in a mf run. The frequency I would run this bot is maybe 4 or 5 times a day (depends how many mf runs I feel like doing that day). Would love to hear input from others on how safe this kind of bot would be, especially with the recent AH banwave.

Thanks!

Newbie needs help: making simple bot to sell gear from mf runs!
    Gorero's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think it gets much safer. your not really boting with that just automating a simple process
    but the coding sounds like a nightmare. it would have to be smart enough to find stats close to whats on your item as i can't for see you ever find the exact item in the AH.

legriptrip's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're gonna need a pixel search and ocr i believe.

Fast Find is a great pixel search library for Auto It
    Advanced Pixel Search Library - Example Scripts - AutoIt Forums

Dunno about OCR

I'd keep this to the AH only; just salvage manually. Save yourself A LOT of code for something that takes a minute manually.

As far as implementation, I'd keep a tab or two purely for potential sales. Setup your client in windowed fullscreen and have the already open. Then have your bot iterate through your one/two tabs and use pixel search to take a picture of the item tooltip and the OCR to find the stats. You need to have an array that has a stat priority list. Lower the cell number = higher priority. You also should have an array with stats not to search for. If the item has more than 3 stats in the priority list you'll have to choose the top 3 then do the search.

I'll add that a lot of people have been getting banned for AH bots. Normal people have also been getting banned for camping the ah for 12+ hrs or doing a ton of searches in a short period of time. Keep that in mind when thinking of your logic.
    Last edited by legriptrip; 06-30-2012 at 03:35 AM.

seafunk's Avatar Knight
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    god this would be an awful lot of work... maybe when my ahbot is done ;P