Running in VMWare - allows ANY resolution, multi-bot, all while your PC is free. menu

User Tag List

Page 1 of 17 12345 ... LastLast
    LATM's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Running in VMWare - allows ANY resolution, multi-bot, all while your PC is free.

If you want help with a script or setting up a virtual machine, you can pay me in D3 Gold to set either up through remote control using team viewer. Other than that please don't PM me for help with scripts or VMs, simply getting too many PMs.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit: Used in conjunction with lower resolution, performance should improve remarkably. Just because this solution lets you use stupidly high resolution doesn't mean you HAVE to.

I see a few hundred posts concerning resolution issues. Well the good news is, there's actually a solution that

1. Lets you use ANY resolution
    2. Lets you run multiple bots
    3. Lets you still use your computer, instead of having it be dead weight

What is this magical device I'm talking about? Its called a virtual machine. The absolute easiest and best virtual machine program is one called "VMware Workstation"

Things you will need to pick up at your favorite tracker
    1. VMWare Workstation 8.X - yes workstation
    2. An operating system .ISO if you don't already have one or a legit disk if you roll like that. w7 x64 would be optimal. i have a friend with vista64 running w7 x64 in his VM, yes it works like that.

If you are a semi-functional human being over the age of 14, or you can follow instructions, this is an extremely intuitive process.

I'm just kidding, but seriously. ALL OF YOU CAN DO THIS. EASILY. Put your mind to it.

VMware installs by clicking 'next' a few times. Then you simply select the location of the .iso, and a few minutes later you have a window of a fully functional operating system, running in a window on your computer. You can drag and drop programfiles/diablo3 from your computer in to the VMware window, and it will copy the whole game to the new 'computer'. Yes, you can do stuff like set up the bot and get the files WITHIN the new computer, but its easier to just drag them over. You will have to install auto-it and all other requirements on that new computer though, it is essentially a fresh install. It has its own mouse that moves entirely separately within the window, so you can leave Diablo3 running in the virtual machine, but tab the virtual machine to your desktop.

Because the machine is 'virtual' there is no resolution constraint. If you change it to a resolution higher than your monitor even supports, all it does is add scrolly bars to the window. My second monitor only supports 1680x1050, but here is the VMware on the 2nd monitor running scripts at 1920x1080. The whole screen isn't shown, it doesn't matter though.

Hardware requirements.

Any computer that can run diablo3 on ultra-low with smooth settings SHOULD be able to run ONE vmware smoothly, allowing you to do things like type & browse the net. I wouldn't count on being able to play d3 on your own account while a bot account does vmware if your PC is on the lower end.

Here is my setup that allows me to run 3 bots in VMware while still playing a game on my main setup [not usually at full settings for my own game]

i5-2500k ($200USD) + EVO212 Cooler ($20) - overclocked to 4.5ghz. [Blah blah I do not recommend overclocking to anyone who doesn't know what they are doing, I'm not liable for any damage, etc etc.]

8GB gskill ddr3-1600 ($40) - I assigned 2GB of Ram to each Virtual Machine.

totally optional
    -------------------
    256GB SSD - ($200) - just bought this with some of my diablo money. All the scripts run much faster. Not required, but helps.

So, can this be done? Yes. Can it b e done cheaply? Yes. If you have a shred of problem solving skills and like to figure things out, this should be a ****ing cake-walk. I've told you everything you need and what is required.

some dude later on in this thread says let all virtual machines use all cores & ram, and just let it distribute on its own. Personally I haven't done that. I've assigned 1 core per and 2gb ram per, and its working perfectly. his might be more efficient, but i DGAF enough to check. if you are having performance issues try his method
    Last edited by LATM; 07-15-2012 at 01:47 AM.

Running in VMWare - allows ANY resolution, multi-bot, all while your PC is free.
    who knows's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    2/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think this should actually be in the guides section. Nice writeup though.
    My Diablo 3 Gear Swap Program:
    https://www.ownedcore.com/forums/diablo-3/diablo-3-bots-programs/352782-free-wks-gear-swap-bot.html

wazplm123's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How come I screen lag when vmware is on and running Diablo 3??

I have [email protected]
    8 GB Ram(using 4 Gb on vmware)

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would guess it has something to do with clock speed per core.

There's also no such thing as a 1390T, so I assume you mean the 2390T. It could be something odd about the ultra-low-power design, or it could be another issue I didn't even consider. If your HDD is slow that could be a very constraining factor. I have nothing to test it on cause I don't have a slow HDD though :[ Also, since your CPU is a dual core, it might be pretty heavily used just running the computer, what is the CPU and RAM usage in the Vmware computer? [Check in Task Manager] [Ctrl+Alt+insert inside the vmware]

My friend is running a 2.5 dual core peice of shit, he just made his VM use 2 cores and it runs smooth enough to bot. Make sure all settings are ultra-low, FPS is capped at like 50-60 per bot.
    Last edited by LATM; 06-22-2012 at 12:23 PM.

brannutz's Avatar Master Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you running 3 D3 clients in one VM or you running 3 seperate VM's inside workstation?

TanookiLover's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    autoit needs its own vm for each client since we are too noob to send commands directly to each window without moving the mouse. i heard demonbuddy can do as many as sessions you have; they just can't be minimized and recommended each separate d3 folder for each client, this is overall much more resource efficient than vm but demonbuddy is not free.

you can also try a vm inside a vm inside a vm, if you're really bored and want to be Leonardo di Caprio for a day... vmception!
    Last edited by TanookiLover; 06-22-2012 at 05:16 PM.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by brannutz View Post
    Are you running 3 D3 clients in one VM or you running 3 seperate VM's inside workstation?
    Lets pretend this was a joke. Love you though.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by LATM View Post
    I would guess it has something to do with clock speed per core.

There's also no such thing as a 1390T, so I assume you mean the 2390T. It could be something odd about the ultra-low-power design, or it could be another issue I didn't even consider. If your HDD is slow that could be a very constraining factor. I have nothing to test it on cause I don't have a slow HDD though :[ Also, since your CPU is a dual core, it might be pretty heavily used just running the computer, what is the CPU and RAM usage in the Vmware computer? [Check in Task Manager] [Ctrl+Alt+insert inside the vmware]

My friend is running a 2.5 dual core peice of shit, he just made his VM use 2 cores and it runs smooth enough to bot. Make sure all settings are ultra-low, FPS is capped at like 50-60 per bot.
    Yea it was a type, i meant 2390T, the
    CPU=20-30% when diablo 3 is up but alt+tabbed, but its pretty spiky, I even saw 100% at first.
    Ram=1 GB-1.5Gb, not that big of useage.

Also, I get this error when I try powering on vmware,
    Software virtualization is incompatible with long mode on this platform. Disabling long mode. Without long mode support, the virtual machine will not be able to run 64 bit code. For more details see http://vmware.com/info?id=152.

My desktop is 64 bit but the OS i installed into vmware is 32 bit windows vista business, maybe thats why?

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by wazplm123 View Post
    Yea it was a type, i meant 2390T, the
    CPU=20-30% when diablo 3 is up but alt+tabbed, but its pretty spiky, I even saw 100% at first.
    Ram=1 GB-1.5Gb, not that big of useage.

Also, I get this error when I try powering on vmware,
    Software virtualization is incompatible with long mode on this platform. Disabling long mode. Without long mode support, the virtual machine will not be able to run 64 bit code. For more details see http://vmware.com/info?id=152.

My desktop is 64 bit but the OS i installed into vmware is 32 bit windows vista business, maybe thats why?
    yeah, that sounds like it might be a problem. Install w7 x64, no reason to install anything older or shittier, lmk how it works. Just grab a copy from TPB or anywhere else.

skelly19's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the mini-guide. Going to give this a shot.

andygongyb's Avatar Knight-Champion
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds a good idea No longer need to be headache about porting res. It's fascinating that I can actually do stuff while botting LOL. I may just use my virtualbox though.

andygongyb's Avatar Knight-Champion
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So by dragging D3 to the VM did you mean that D3 doesn't use AppData folder or those sort of stuff? Then I may try sharing the physical partition with the VM. I don't wanna waste 15GB

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah, that sounds like it might be a problem. Install w7 x64, no reason to install anything older or shittier, lmk how it works. Just grab a copy from TPB or anywhere else.
    what should the settings be for vmware, like the ram useage, hdd useage, and the processor useage?

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1cpu 1 proc
    2GB ram
    disable and dont donnect on startup all unwanted resources like sound card, dvd drive, ect...

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lets pretend this was a joke. Love you though.
    That's what happens when I post before wakeing up all the way hehe.

Page 1 of 17 12345 ... LastLast