• Twitch Prime Officially Announced

Just now at TwitchCon 2016 Twitch Prime was announced.

What you need to know:

1) Includes Amazon Prime, free game loot every month, ad-free streams, and more. This includes skins, characters, boosts, and free games. Some examples are the newest Hearthstone hero, Tyrande Whisperwind, or the new indie game, Streamline.

2) Discounts on new-release box games sold by Amazon during the pre-order period and for the first two weeks after launch.

3) Exclusive emotes, chat badge, and one free channel subscription every 30 days. (The streamer gets paid just like any other subscription)

4) If you already have Amazon Prime, then you get Twitch Prime included at no extra cost. All you have to do is link your Twitch account to your Amazon account here

FAQ:

Q. In which countries is Twitch Prime available?
    A. In the US, UK, Canada, Germany, France, Italy and Spain

Q. How much does Twitch Prime cost?
    A. Twitch Prime is included with Amazon Prime. Amazon Prime starts with free 30-day trial, then:
    US: $10.99/month or $99/year
    Canada: CDN$ 79.00/year
    UK: ยฃ7.99/month.
    Germany: EUR 49,00/year
    France: EUR 49,00/year
    Italy: EUR 19,99/year
    Spain: EUR 19,95/year

Q. What is Amazon Prime?
    A. Amazon Prime is a membership program through Amazon. Prime includes multiple benefits, such as the newly added Twitch Prime, unlimited access to fast shipping, and more! Check out the full list of Amazon Prime benefits in: US, UK, Canada, Germany, France, Italy and Spain. If you are new to Amazon Prime, visit your local Amazon website to start a 30-day free trial. After your free trial, Amazon Prime membership price varies by country.

Q. Some of those benefits sound a lot like Turbo. Is Turbo going away?
    A. A. First, some reassurance: we're not taking Turbo away from anyone. If you're a Turbo member, and you prefer to keep your Turbo subscription, you can. But considering everything included with Twitch Prime, we hope you'll consider upgrading. In regions where Twitch Prime is available (US, UK, Canada, Germany, France, Italy and Spain), we will no longer take new Turbo subscriptions, and instead will roll the following benefits into Twitch Prime: ad-free viewing across Twitch, exclusive emotes (the ones you get with Turbo, plus some new ones), an exclusive chat badge, and 60 days of video storage for past broadcasts. The chat badge is the Twitch Prime crown, not the Turbo badge.

Q. For people in countries where Twitch Prime isn't available, is Turbo still an option?
    A. Yes. If you live in a country where Twitch Prime isn't available, you may still subscribe to Turbo.

Q. If you have Amazon Prime already, what happens?
    A. If you already subscribe to Amazon Prime, you can get Twitch Prime instantly for no additional cost by linking your accounts at twitchprime.com.

Q. If you have Turbo and Amazon Prime already, what happens?
    A. If you already subscribe to both Turbo and Amazon Prime, you may want to consider canceling Turbo. All the benefits of Turbo are included in Twitch Prime, except that the Turbo chat badge will be replaced with the Twitch Prime badge. You can cancel your Turbo subscription here, and you can go to twitchprime.com to connect your Amazon and Twitch accounts and get started with Twitch Prime.

Q. What are the free game loot items available for Twitch Prime members at launch?
    A. There will be new loot available every month, so you have surprises in store all year. At launch the following are available:
    9/30-11/6 - Hearthstone: The newest Hero in Hearthstone. Tyrande Whisperwind, the second priest class option for the game.
    9/30-11/1 - Streamline, a new Indie game built from the ground up for broadcasters on Twitch to play with their viewers
    9/30-10/2 (TwitchCon Only) - Smite: Exclusive "Boss Ymir"ย skin
    9/30-10/2 (TwitchCon Only) - Paladins: Exclusive Bomb King Weapon Skin

Sources:

Twitch Prime โ€“ Get free game loot every month, ad-free viewing, free channel subscription, plus loads more included with an Amazon Prime membership.
    Be a Boss on Twitch with Twitch Prime
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Twitch Prime Officially Announced started by Kenneth View original post
    Comments 4 Comments
      DvASystems -
      Kenneth, check this
      Amazon Game Studios
      I think they are trying to branch out their own e-sport game studio.
      Kenneth -
      Quote Originally Posted by DvASystems View Post
      Kenneth, check this
      Amazon Game Studios
      Very interesting. They also just announced a Video upload (competition with Youtube's gaming section?) https://wp.me/p5hvhT-8Gfn
      Kenneth -
      Quote Originally Posted by DvASystems View Post
      Kenneth, check this
      Amazon Game Studios
      Very interesting. They also just announced a Video upload (competition with Youtube's gaming section?) https://wp.me/p5hvhT-8Gfn
      DvASystems -
      Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post
      Uploading is a feature that diehard Twitch broadcasters have requested for years. To build an audience on a platform like that, creators feel the need to release new content every day — sometimes even multiple times each day. That means someone who is trying to make a living as a Twitch partner (sharing ad and subscription revenue) doesn’t really get a lot of time off. Uploading, however, can change that because broadcasters can schedule videos to go live whenever they choose.

This is a bit strange. So streamers now want to turn their streams into live programming aka TV.
      Not sure how I feel about this. Even worse now people can easily modify everything.
      No more gamer girls getting caught with someone else playing instead of them.
      No more crippled streamers miraculously regaining their limb functions and walking away.
      No more nip slips.
      No more blurted out curse words.
      No more live Kappa chat.

I may sound dramatic of course, but I do think a lot of streamers will just choose the lazy way and just spend 1 day coming up with footage and then have it cut up and played over a week.